Successful H1 Visa stamping at Nogales on June 19 - Experience

smarf98

Registered Users (C)
All - Please use the attached Document as your guide if you are going to Nogales, Mexico for stamping.

It has the checklist and a step-by-step guide. I had a raw version of this document printed and memorized:) I had gathered this information using different posts on this portal. After my trip I updated it with tips and any other useful information that i felt others could use.

Good Luck!
Rosie

Last edited by a moderator:
More info + Map!!

Here is some more info

You mentioned that there is no checking to see if you have a visa to enter Mexico (or that is what I understood from that).
Does this apply to all nationalities?

Yes

The BANAMEX receipt. Can this be got on the same day as the interview? Do they allow us into the consulate after 8:00 AM if there is a delay in getting the BANAMEX receipt?
Yes - can be done same day as interview. The bank opens at 9:00am. I got to the consulate by 10ish and got in with no problems. I think they allow you to enter in till 11am.
How far is the BANAMEX bank? Do you remember the directions?
Good question - either 1. Ask the cab driver who drops you to the consulate OR Ask him to drop you to the Bank then you can walk to the consulate. Please ask a local Bank is two blocks away. Attached is the map with directions as I remmebr.

For the receipt, can we pay in USD?
Yes, Equivalent of 1100 peso ($98 when I went)

Do you know about any other questions that were asked during the interview, amongst those you went to interview with?
No:(

How many people came to the interview?
I want to say about 250 (locals + foreigns)

Were there any rejections?
Not that I know of.

The $7 that you paid for taxi, is it per person? Is it USD or Mexican money?
No - shared. USD

How is the Best Western Hotel? Do you suggest driving from Tuscon to Noglaes on the day of appointment?
Good place to stay. I recommend it. I do not suggest driving to Nogales on the day of appointment. But thats an option.

Thank you - successful stamping on June 26

Hi Rosie,

Thank you for posting the document. It was very useful and I got my stamping on June 26. All of us who went on June 26 got our stamping. There are 2 things I would like to add -

1. Please make sure to take your Resume. They DO ask for it and its better to have it.

2. Try not to schedule an evening flight out of Tucson or Phoenix on the same day of your appointment. We took really long at the border and people had flights out the same evening which makes it very difficult.

Good luck,
Vikas

June 19th experience - Bob1174

Hello Rosie,

That document you attached is very nice. I want to add the below things to the existing ones

1) The visa officer asked me for my tax papers (probably 1040) from the previous year. I told her I didn't have those instead I have the W-2's.

She refused to see the W-2's and advised me that I should always get my 1040's along with me when attending the interview, to prove her that I am living legally in US and paying my taxes on time.

2) When I mentioned her that I don't have the 1040's she asked me for my Resume.

3) The last question she asked me was what were my job responsibilities?

I answered all the questions; :) she gave me the visa.

Hope this would help

Regards
Bob

bob1174 said:
Hello Rosie,

That document you attached is very nice. I want to add the below things to the existing ones

1) The visa officer asked me for my tax papers (probably 1040) from the previous year. I told her I didn't have those instead I have the W-2's.

She refused to see the W-2's and advised me that I should always get my 1040's along with me when attending the interview, to prove her that I am living legally in US and paying my taxes on time.

2) When I mentioned her that I don't have the 1040's she asked me for my Resume.

3) The last question she asked me was what were my job responsibilities?

I answered all the questions; :) she gave me the visa.

Hope this would help

Regards
Bob

Congrats Bob,

Was it a reavldation (H1 to H1) or 1st time stamping?

Please share your case little bit more.

I am on my 10th year of H1 and was never out os status. it is okay to go for stamping?

Please help.
Thanks,
VivekS

Thanks Vivek,

Mine is a revalidation (H1 to H1), I got it extended for the 6th year. It should be a walk in the park for you. Everything should be fine.

regards
Bob.