Successful H1-B Multiple in Chennai

pk2001

Registered Users (C)
People,
Just wanted to let you all know. I went to TT Service dropbox on the 21st may and they returned my passport on the 25th may. there were no problems at all. TT Services dropbox is somewhat chaotic but nevertheless if you go organized and prepared there should be nothing to panic. \

have fun.

prince kumar

No Title

Hi,

I am going to T.T. drop box for conversion from H1 to H4. Can you pls explain the process in detail. Thanks in advance.

--Vees

No Title

Hallo! The process was so simple.

Here is the only website you need to know: http://www.ttsdropbox.com

The site list all the documents that you should bring with you. Also, make sure you input all your H1 information using the Web (the site let\'s you do that) that way you can save sometime headache and time when you go the TT Services location. I went in at 7.30AM and they told me to fill out the new OF-156 form. Also, they kinda did a cursory check on my documents and gave me a green folder + courier cover to put all the documents. The green folder has different tabs where the various documents should go in. Also, make sure you have 2 photocopies (1 for the Consulate + 1 for yourself) of each and every documents (even Tax filing + pay stubs + bank statements etc etc). Make sure you clean up your filing cabinet and take it to India. Once you get the intial approval, they let you go into the counter where the staff will take your documents. There you have to pay the courier fee (as cash or DD) and the DDs for the US consulate (see amount in the website). Make sure you have the DDs correct. You have to give them a courier forwarding address, then wait until you hear from the courier guy. It took me only 4 days to recieve my documents (Chennai address) May 21st - May 25th. There should be no problems with the process as far my experience is concerned. Good luck and let me know if you need any other information. Here to help.

Prince Kumar

No Title

Hi Prince, was this for a first time visa stamping, or had you gone back to India from the US to get your visa stamped and had a earlier US visa - f1, h1, b1, - or whatever.

No Title

got my first h1b stamping in toronto. this time i went for my second h1b multiple stamping. but i don\'t think that makes a difference when you goto india except that going to canada gives you the peace of mind. however, if you\'re applying for the second multiple entry, then don\'t even need to go outside the country for stamping. send it to st.louis center and they will process it in 4 to 5 weeks. here is the information about it:

H1-B in US (using St.Louis INS office):
     via Post: http://travel.state.gov/revals.html

hope this helps.

arun kumar

No Title

Hi Prince,

Thanks for your very useful information. I am also trying to get my H-1 (first time) stamped through TT services.

I have a question: Why do they need bank statements? Is there any specific amount of balance required in the account? Also, do they need the detailed transactions of the checking account or just the balance of checking account/credit card account etc.?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

I don\'t think the US Consulate even looks at the bank statement (or) tax (or) other documents. But take it along with you because if in case they do wanna look at it, then you want to be prepared.

* Take the last 3 bank statements (which you received from your bank).
* No need to take credit card statements etc.
* Take last 2 years tax filings (just to be prepared).
* Take with you all other documents (like PT card etc.) but don\'t submit them along with the application.

Like I said before, make 2 photocopies and leave one with the TT Services and keep one with you. You never know you may need it.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your multiple. Don\'t forget to punch in all your personal information in th web beforehand.

Thanks.

PK2001

No Title

Is previous work experience letters required for stamping of a transferred H1B visa at Chennai? I looked at chennai consulate web-site and oneof the documents required is original work experience letters. Is this the lettter from current employer or does it include previous employers as well ? .. thanks

No Title

Hi Prince,

What if the H1 applicant in India does not have pay stubs and has not filed for income tax? How much of a requirement is that?

Dadasaheb

No Title

Guys,

Previous work experience letters is not necessary for the H1B stamping. Current work experience letter is a MUST because that is the only way the US Consulate ascertains that you are working for the company.

Also, Pay Stubs is a MUST! Don\'t go without pay stubs. If you don\'t have paystubs, then show PROOF of your DIRECT BANK DEPOSIT of your salary (or) something along those lines. Pay stubs are proof that you are drawing the MINIMUM salary that H1-B labor certification requires. If you are from India, then this rule doesn\'t apply. However, when I went to Chennai for mine I saw guys (working India) with either pay stubs (or) bank deposit statements to show proof.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Prince

No Title

As far as income tax for Indian applicants, I can\'t answer that. I took it because I only had a short time to finish my VISA. So I took everything that I can wildly image.

Thanks.

Serving J1 2yr HRR in a third country and Immigrant Visa Interview

I was on J1 visa from 1992-1997 and i did leave the states since 4 years. I worked in a third country and didn\'t go back to my home country. I got my I-140 approved and I am waiting for Consular Processing in my home country. My question is how the Consulate will prove if I was in my home country and not a third country and if this could be a problem during my immigrant visa interview??
Thanks.....

Serving J1 2yr HRR in Third country and going for immigrant visa Consular processing in my home coun

I was on J1 visa from 1992-1997 and i did leave the states since 4 years. I worked in a third country and didn\'t go back to my home country. I got my I-140 approved and I am waiting for Consular Processing in my home country. My question is how the Consulate will prove if I was in my home country and not a third country and if this could be a problem during my immigrant visa interview??
Thanks.....