successful Gc interview on 27th dec

veerender

Registered Users (C)
hello everyone,
we completed our Gc process successfully...no hassles at all..the whole process was very smooth....i wish you all Happy New Year and Good Luck to everyone...I thank this forum and all the concerned people for the great work...
cheers,
Viren

veerender,
Congratz on getting your GC. Would really appreciate if you could post the details about the interview process and your case details.

Thanks.

Pls post your detail for others...

Congrats!!!!!
Please post your interview detail....and please don't do as bapa did by only posting medical detail....we will highly appreciate your information...Thanks

Did you have your CP interview at NWD?

Veerender,

As other individuals have requested, please do post your experinces especially if you did your CP interview at US Embassy New Delhi. There is a lack of information about NWD CP cases.

Thanks.

Re: Pls post your detail for others...

Hello all,
First, wish you a very Happy new year
Sorry for not posting my experience earlier.Got back in the country just yday.Well here we go:
Dec 24th:
Reached Chennai at 6am from hyd.Had reservation in crystal residency.Decent room at decent price. added adv being, it is one min walk from consulate.went at 8am to lister lab for the test to be done.i had taken the appointment with Dr.V at 4:30 pm .
Later in the day went to konica labs to take the immi stlye fotos.100 rupees for 8 fotos per person.they give the fotos in 10 minutes. after which we went to have lunch.
Then at 4pm went to collect our reports from lister lab.But due to some reasons, they wanted to redo the test for my wife.So, did not get the reports that day.So, there was no point in going to Dr.V
Dec 25th:
At 4pm they gave our reports. everything was normal. Dint do anything the whole day.
Dec 26th:
I had taken a back up appointment with Dr.V at 10:30 am. for 26th dec, which in the end proved useful.So met her at 10:30am.
She showed all our reports, which as i mentioned earlier were normal. she gave me and my wife MMR ( c ost of which is 15o each) additional to which she gave me chicken pox injection(1,500 rupees) plus 900 rupees for her consulation(450 per person).so in all it was 2700 rupees.At lister lab it was 1200 for both of us( 600 per head). came back to the hotel and rested the whole day.
Dec 27th:
The D-Day. Crossed the gemini fly over to reach to the consulate. We showed our passport and appointment letter and we were allowed in.at the entrance the guard asked, if we were carrying any cell fone.As we didnt, he allowed us to go.After crossing two building, we entered one more buliding where we were asked to sit. after some time we formed the queue to give documents at the counter.All the documents were taken except for Ds 230-2.the lady had asked us to write "none"where ever it appiled and asked us not to leave anything blank.after that one american guy came and asked us to take oath.then again, we all formed queue and signed the part-2 in fron tof him. he was asking some routine questions-like who is your employer and how long have you been working with the company and ur position etc.
then again we were asked to sit. after sometime a lady called us and took the draft for that blue dart.since we had paid that visa fees, she didnt ask us anything. sdhe returned all our original documents like marriage certificate and birth certi.but kept copiesof them and also the original PCC.again she asked to sit...
after about 20-25 minutes one lady called us at the counter saying that our visa was approved and we will get the documents by post next day.the next day being saturday, i wanted to make sure that they have deliveries on sat.i had give my hotel address and we were suppose to leave next day evening. she said that they do and if they address given was local, we were sure to get it in one day.I asked if any receipt would be given , she said it was not req.btw, we were asked to sign one document which said that if there was change in employment we wld be informing them..that's it, she said that we cld go. it took us few minutes to realise that it was finally over.
dec 28th:
at abt 1:30 in the a.noon , i got a call saying that the blue dart guy is waiting for me. when i went to meet him with my passport and copy of my first page of passport.he asked me for a receipt from the consulate.when i said that i didnt have any, he said he cannot give me the packet.i told him that the lady had said that it was not req. then he called the customer service and that lady asked me to give my appointment letter to him.he read and reread that letter for 10 minutes and then finally he gave me the packet after taking a fotocopy of my passport and appointment letter. everything in there was correct, so happily headed back home.
Jan 8th:
POE : EWR(newark)
The guy at the immigration took our papers andenter the info in the system and asked us to hand over those papers and passports to one lady standing near the naturalization and immigration office.she took all documents and we wre asked to wait. after 15-20 minutes, we were asked to come inside a room and she asked to sign at two place in a form and then took impression of right hand index finger and then she asked us to go.that was it. we were free to go. what i dont remember is who had stamped our passport with A number ie whether the immigration guy or the lady who took our finger prints. in the end it turned out to be a smooth process w/o any hassles.
Moral of the story: Pl keep at least 3 days in hand when you go for interview. and always have the back appointment with the doctor.And anyone planning to stay at crystal residency, ask them for 10% discount which they will readily give you, provided you ask them. that's for now....well, good luck to all of you
regards,
veerender

Originally posted by gcbol
Congrats!!!!!
Please post your interview detail....and please don't do as bapa did by only posting medical detail....we will highly appreciate your information...Thanks