• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful DV-2010 Interview in MONTREAL!

I would wait until your wife is granted a decision for a visa to visit Canada. In the grand scheme of things, June 2010 is not a longtime to wait. Don't be in such a rush to send in your documents to KCC. Since you won't be current until April/May 2011, there is plenty of time for KCC to process your documents. It should take KCC under a month to get you in their system once they receive all the document. Make sure you take the time to complete the forms accurately and have someone read through them before you submit to KCC. I've seen in this forum cases where some information wasn't filled out correctly and then it becomes a hassle dealing with KCC to fix it. You should be fine if you submit forms to KCC in July or even August. There is no due date to submit your forms to KCC, but you do want them to have you in their system a couple of months before your case becomes current. Good luck.

Hi ffxgy
Thanks a lot for the advise. I will now wait until my wife is granted visa and then send the documents to KCC. Yeah I too read that many winners make mistake in the form and it is return to them. It will obviously take time again. So it is better to take time filling out form and sending it correctly.
Btw what your status in Canada? I believe you are in Canada at the moment.
Thanks again!
Cheers

Hello,

I have an interview at the Montreal consulate in September, I came to Canada on a student visa from Ghana, I currently have a canadian work permit but I am unemployed at the moment. An affidavit of support is not one of the required documents listed in the first NL, the second NL didnt even have any documents listed but I have my birth certificate, passport, transcripts and certificates from all schools attended, police certificate and my medical exam is scheduled for the end of month, my question is, do I need an afidavit of support? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

yes you will need it, either your bank acount or sponsership. I had an interview in montreal couple of days ago for DV, and before going to the interview I emailed consulate for document needed, and here is their answer (copy and paste):

Here is the medical information link:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html
you will also need:
$775.00 USD for each applicant
Pictures (2)
Passport
Birth/marriage certificates
Divorce or death certificates for a previous spouse (only if applies)
Police certificates for every country lived after the age of 16 for more than 1 year
Diplomas or work experience
Proof of financial assets or I-134 from a sponsor (this will show that you are able to support yourself or by someone when you immigrate)
Translations to any documents that are not in English (done by an official translator and certified by them)
1 copy of each document listed above
Self addressed Xpress post envelope (purchased at Canada post measuring 12 wide by 15 inches long approximately

Regards

Hello,

I have an interview at the Montreal consulate in September, I came to Canada on a student visa from Ghana, I currently have a canadian work permit but I am unemployed at the moment. An affidavit of support is not one of the required documents listed in the first NL, the second NL didnt even have any documents listed but I have my birth certificate, passport, transcripts and certificates from all schools attended, police certificate and my medical exam is scheduled for the end of month, my question is, do I need an afidavit of support? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dear All, I am not from Africa but we all are same so please don't say to write in Asians forms, i just need little help, have a nice time

CN: 2011AS00021XXX
1st NL Rcvd: July 14, 2010
Forms Sent to KCC: July 20, 2010
2nd Letter Received: according to KCC they sent it to me on March 10,2011, i may receive it in April
Medical: Done
Police Certificate: Done
Marriage Certificate: Done
Bank statement: Done
Interview Date: May 8th, 2011
Visa Picked: not yet
POE: not yet
GC Received: not yet
SSC Received: not yet

If any one has any information about Interview then please shear it, so it will help us to prepare for interview.

and i don't have affidavit of support just have bank statement, so do i need both or one is also enough and if bank statement is fine then for couple (2 Persons) how much dollors i should have in my account?

Do you guys know If I need to translate my document for my interview in Montreal? All of my documents are in french