Successful CP on Jan 15

KAT02

Registered Users (C)
:D

My wife and I completed CP interview successfully at US Consulate in Mumbai on Jan 15.

Got medical exam done at Hinduja on Jan 12. Good experience and got report same day.

CP interview went smoothly. Reached consulate at 8.00 am and was let in immediately. Paid fees at counter 14 and was told to wait. Indian officer called us at counter 13 for document submission. He went through the P4 checklist, medical report, affidavit of support for wife, employment letter for me. Made a note that H1/H4 visas were valid. Told us to wait for interview. It was 9.15 am.

At 11.00 AM, we were called at window 9. American lady officer was present with indian interpreter. She asked basic questions:

Q. Who is sponsoring the petition?
A. Employer xxxxxx

Q. What does the company do?
A. xxxxxxxx

Q. How long have I worked with the employer?
A. XXX years

Q. How many employees?
A. XXX

Q. What is my qualification and what school did I attend?
A. XXXX

The lady then said that she was satisfied with my responses and that all our paperwork was in order. She was issuing us immigrant visas and she cancelled the H visas. She asked us to collect the IVs at 3.30 PM.

Collected visas in the afternoon. I returned on Jan 28 through Minneapolis. At primary inspection the officer looked at the visa and asked me to go for secondary inspection. No I-94 required.

Submitted visa packet to the officer. He took fingerprint and signature on Form I-551. Stamped the passport with temporary evidence valid for 1 year and said that I should be getting the card within a year.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. Wihout this forum, I would still be stuck in I 485 mess. I will answer any questions anyone may have regarding my CP experience and will recommend CP for everyone.

KAT02.

KAT02:

Heartiest congrats on your successful interview and a smooth re-entry in usa. As I always say Live Life King Size!

Plan to apply for a new SSN card (SSN number remains the same). Once you apply you will get the new SSN card without the work restriction legend in about 2 weeks or less.

KAT02

I learnt from your previous post that your attorney received Packet 3 after sending AC-I140 packet (and even if your attorney originally included Packet 3 with the AC-I140 package).

The same happened to me. Did your attorney sent Packet 3 again to Mumbai?

Thank you.

Jigesh

Jigesh

My attorney did not resend Packet 3. I waited for the consulate to post interview date and send Packet 4 (with appointment letter). At the time of interview, I submitted a copy of DS230-I that I had sent to the consulate with AC140 application. I told the person in the consulate that I had already submitted DS230-I and he said that that one was on file and I could submit a copy of the same.

matt_s_r

It took me about 2 yrs after labor was cleared but I had filed 485 and then used AC140. I could have saved some time if I had opted for CP from the begining.

Good luck guys.

KAT02

My attorney did not resend Packet 3. I waited for the consulate to post interview date and send Packet 4 (with appointment letter). At the time of interview, I submitted a copy of DS230-I that I had sent to the consulate with AC140 application. I told the person in the consulate that I had already submitted DS230-I and he said that that one was on file and I could submit a copy of the same.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Have a nice weekend!