Successful CP on April 22 Mumbai- POE San Francisco May 7

SAM_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I had a succesful CP in mumbai .Had a company merger and had two I-140.
I would like to thank everyone for the support during these hard times.

If anybody has questions regarding merger/Acquisation etc please let me know.

No Title

Congratulations. I have one question when you got a new or amended I 140 with merger did you got a new or amended H 1 too ? Are you required to amend H 1 or not? Thanks

CP Successful on April 23 at Chennai (Original date 17th, but needed new passport)

My CP was scheduled on 17th April and I had all the documents in order, but the consulate refused to issue GC unless I submitted a new passport as the old passport was deemed "damaged", and they are supposed to be very strict in this respect after Sep 11. The damage in my passport (I was not aware of that being damage as I have travelling on that passport in that condition for the past 2-3 years) was that the inside front cover has started to peel off.

Anyway, I had to scramble and run around the RPO, Chennai to get a new passport (fortunately, they have a new scheme called Tatkal where they issue the passport in 2-3 working days). Got the passport on 22nd and went to the consulate on 23rd. Got the visa issued on producing the new passport.

So, if anyone has slightly damaged passport please try to get a new passport before going for your CP. I will be glad to answer any questions that anyone might have.

Thanks to everyone in this forum.

Hi SAM_GC, I am in the same ...

boat like you. My company merged and I am expecting a July interview date at chennai.

Please let me know what steps I have to take, my company merger is a "successor in interest" type. Do i need amended 140, or just a receipt and copies of application for amended 140 is fine ?

ofcourse I will have the employment letter from new co. your input will be highly appreciated.

hi USGC11

Hi

I had an amended I-140 from the new compnay.I have a collegue in my company who was denied CP in mumbai since he did not have new amended I-140.So it is advisable to have a amended I-140 from the new compnay.
The first question the guy taking the papers asked Is your company still there.Since my interview was based on the old I-140. I gave him my new I-140 original approval and petition papers.
Pls let me know if u have any questions.

Thanks for the info.... can

you give me ur mail id ? or u can reach me at ips36@hotmail

have few questions to ask.

would appreciate your reply.