Successful CP on Apr 23 from Chennai

VG1

Registered Users (C)
By God\'s grace and with a tremendous support from this forum, we were able to clear our CP on Apr 23. The process is very much similar to the earlier group members.

The name of the employer is different from that of 140. So the officer got confused about the petitioner name. I immediately submitted a name change document to sort out his confusion.

Also, my wife\'s birth certificate is a from a village mandal office that has been registered only couple of years back. This birth certificate looked very odd - the page size being more than the largest of the photocopy sheet available. For these two reasons, we had to wait another half hour after initial interview call.

Lab tests were at Lister lab. Medicals were done at Dr.VijayaLakshmi and photos done at Konica Lab (opp. Chola Sheraton). Dr.V is a very nice person, but she didn\'t accept my word that I\'ve already got Chicken Pox and gave me MMR shot.

I heartfully thank this forum for all the lively discussions that helped me collect all the relevant paper work. I will be more than happy to answer any questions.

VG1.

By God\'s grace and with a tremendous support from this forum, we were able to clear our CP on Apr 23. The process is very much similar to the earlier group members.

The name of the employer is different from that of 140. So the officer got confused about the petitioner name. I immediately submitted a name change document to sort out his confusion.

Also, my wife\'s birth certificate is a from a village mandal office that has been registered only couple of years back. This birth certificate looked very odd - the page size being more than the largest of the photocopy sheet available. For these two reasons, we had to wait another half hour after initial interview call.

Lab tests were at Lister lab. Medicals were done at Dr.VijayaLakshmi and photos done at Konica Lab (opp. Chola Sheraton). Dr.V is a very nice person, but she didn\'t accept my word that I\'ve already got Chicken Pox and gave me MMR shot.

I heartfully thank this forum for all the lively discussions that helped me collect all the relevant paper work. I will be more than happy to answer any questions.

VG1.

VG1...

Congrats.
Would you please update your information in the April CPers Plastic Card Tracker discussion?
Thanks.

No Title

Hi,
Congrats and best wishes.
I too was born in a remote village, my birth was registered a couple of weeks ago, and the birth certificate was issued by the Mandal revenue office.
1. Am I OK with this?
2. Were any questions asked regarding this.

No Title

Hi,

I took non-availability certificate from my village local panchayat office and two affidavits
from my parents. I know according to Packet3 instructions, you should get
birth certificate registered if you are born after April, 1970. I was born in 1967.
So, is non-availability & affidavits enough? Should I get anything from the mandal
office in which my village falls in?

Hi VG1, Question. You said the company name changed..

and you provided some documentation.

please tell me what was the documentation. I am in a similar situation. Did you apply for a 140 amendment ? what documents are needed to convince the consulate officer ?

Thanks

Company Name Change Documentation

Hi USGC11,

We didn\'t apply for the 140 amendment. But we provided three pieces of documentation:
1. A letter on the new company letter head stating that the name has been changed from X to Y and that a copy of the certificate from Secretary of State of Delaware is attached

2. A photocopy of name change document from Secretary of State of Delaware

3. A photocopy of Certificate of Amendment of Certificate of Incorporation

The photocopies of 2 & 3 are provided by the company. Hope this helps.

VG1.

You should be Ok

If the birth is registered and you obtained the certificate, you should be Ok. No questions asked. Only thing is the certificate issued by village mandal office looks odd when compared to the other 8.5x11 sheets.

No Title

Since you were born before 1970, non-availability certificate along with the affidavits should be fine. No additional documentation required from the mandal office.

Thanks VG1. My case is ...

a merger of my co. with another co. I guess your case is just a co. name change. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I was wondering if the same procedure will work out for me.

Please reply.

Not sure if Merger doc. same as Name Change doc.

USG11,

You were right, my case applied to only company name change i.e. the same company changing its name from X to Y. I am not sure if the same documentation applies in your case.

VG1.

Thanks Srifx

Srifx,

Its your documentation that most of us followed and have been succeeding without any questions. I haven\'t received any Packet IV. All I believed is your document list and added the PCC to it and that\'s it.

Your meticulous process is very useful for this forum.

VG1.