Successful CP on 21st March

Shynee

Registered Users (C)
I think our first thanks goes to GOD, who was with us throughout the process.

Then thanks to INS, who approved our I-140 under CP though we had applied for AOS.

Thanks to this wonderful forum, but for which the whole process might not have gone on so smoothly.

We reached Chennai on Sunday. Went to Lister at 7.30 a.m., on Monday 18th, March. They are very well organised. Collected our results at 04:30 p.m., and went to Dr. Raj Kumar on Tuesday 19th morning. He is very cool and supportive. He is also willing to see the applicants in the evening if they specifically required.

Went to Consulate on 21st morning at 7.45 a.m., and were allowed inside immdtly. Made to sit in an A/C Hall. Around 8.30 they asked everybody to submit the documents. The security guard gave a list and we were asked to submit the docs in the order. Our order was slightly different. The list also contained latest pay stubs. Tax transcript was only asked for 2001. We put everything into order and submitted. Were asked to pay the fees. around 8.50 a.m., an American asked us to take oath that all the info provided was true. Then people were called by names. The second person was grilled by the officer, which really scared us. We were the fourth people to be called. The officer never even spoke to us. He just put forth the DS form to be signed for three of us. As we were signing he pushed out the originals and copies that he did not require and we put them back into the file. That\'s it. He asked us to pay the second draft and we came out. We were quite surprised becaz the third person called to the second counter was still there but we had our process finished. We heaved a sigh of relief and went.

Everything went on well and we entered U.S., today and had our I-551 stamped in our passports. Thanks to everybody on the board.

Congrats Shynee!!!

Do we have to carry any of our resume? I did not see any posts. But I wanted to doublecheck with latest cpers.

Thanks and enjoy your post GC life.

What was the party before u was questioned

Hey Synee, what was the questions put for other party. Was it employee based. How do u know, u Got the Green card, if they ask u pay the 2nd Draft, does it mean U\'r GC is approved. Pl help, as i am in my last year of H1b. How will we know, we got the GC.
Thanks.

Priya M

We were sitting on the last row of benches - so could not hear the questions asked to the other party. We could only hear his flustered voice saying that he was not able to understand or hear what they wanted from him. It was employment based.

Yes, when they ask you to pay the second draft it means that all your documents are in order and your greencard is through. When you sign the DS Form II, it means you are through.

Shynee -- Congrats and qn abt PCC

I got PCC (for myself & wife) and all it says is
"has no information that would prevent Xx for travel purposes
including visa for USA".

Is this how you got too? I am confused since it does not mention
anything about "permanent resident " etc?

thanks in advance for your time.
u_me

Congrats Shynee and happy POST GC Life

Very happy to note that things went smoothly for you.
Ours is on April 19th and hopefully the same result like other successfull ones

u_me

Don\'t worry your PCC is ok. Ours was also the same. Which consulate issued yours. Ours was from Washington DC.