Successful CP @ NWD on July 1st for self & wife

spxgk

Registered Users (C)
Had a successful CP for myself and wife on July 1st at New Delhi.

We had our medicals done at Dr. K.P. Jain's clinic. Went in the morning and got reports back by 5:00 PM same day.

On the interview day we reached at 7:30 am and were allowed in at around 8:00 am. We were the first ones to be called by name.

Indian immigration officer asked for the documents ( ds 230 II, employment letter, my current H1 797 approval, marriage & birth cert copy , US PCC etc) Points to note :

- Did not ask local PCC or IRS 9003
- He kept my original notarized employment letter and original H1 approval ( i think it's called 797 or something)

We paid fees by way of 2 demand drafts in indian rupees each equivalent to $65 ( using 1$= 49 INR) .

The US immigration officer grilled my wife on her stay in another country ( other than India & US). How long ? Why were you there ? . When we said that she was in that country less than 6 months at a time during each visit, she asked rudely " Give me the TOTAL stay period ? etc" She made some notes on her application.

To our relief both packets ( one for self and one for wife) were handed over to us at 5:00 pm same day.

My POE was SFO and was smooth...was out of immigration in 5 minutes. My wife is still in India and will join me in 2-3 weeks. Her POE is Chicago.

Would be glad to help any of you if I can.

Good luck.

MT test for tuberculosis

Hi
The MT test takes 2 days. how did the doctor give the report back the same day. do they do the intradermal tuberculosis test in india eg your Dr Jain.
I would greatly appreciate your reply.

Got shots only for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and TD ( tetanus) on the same day. I have not heard anything about MT.

My wife took her immunization records for MMR ( she got one in US) and that was acceptable and she did not have to get one in Delhi.

Hope this clarifies.

what is stamped on passport

congrats!!

few questions:
(1) what is stamped on the passport on the day of your interview
(2) what is stamped at the POE on the passport
(3) on your way back, is the H1 and H4 visa's still valid? I'm flying back through paris via delta airlines and I"m wondering what will be the status of my visa and if I need a Transit visa at all

Thanks
JK

Congratulations -

I have completed my medicals for self, wife and kid from Dr jain's clinic on 5th July and due for the interview tommorow (11th).
In addition to blood sample (for HIV test) they will give shots for MMR, TD and Chicken Pox. We took MMR and TD in US itself and had chicken pox earlier so no vaccination needed.
They will send you to Def. Col "B" block for XRAY (TB) and call you at 5 PM.
Clinic chg. are 1000 for adults and 600 for child
XRAY Its aroung 400/= (don't remember)

We also used Kumar Studio for Photo and he will call you back at 6 Pm unless you ask for urgent .
He charges 100/- Rs for each person and gives you 4 photos.

response to jk8

few questions:
(1) what is stamped on the passport on the day of your interview

on the day of intwerview - nothing ( H1 cancelled - stamp on top of it )
(2) what is stamped at the POE on the passport

the usual tempoarary GC stamp - valid for a year

(3) on your way back, is the H1 and H4 visa's still valid? I'm flying back through paris via delta airlines and I"m wondering what will be the status of my visa and if I need a Transit visa at all

you receive a packet which has a paper document attached to it on the top ( outside the packet ) which is a valid immigration visa to US. Using this you can pass through any immigration couter in any country. I passed through Singapore, Korea etc.