Successful CP + Medicals, Mumbai 6/22-7/8 with name check

amdomd,

Thanks. It's not quite sunk in about the new life yet. But I'm sure the perspective is getting to get different now. I'll be eagerly waiting for my cards and w.l.

Hi Alren,

You narration on the emigration @ Mumbai is very interesting -- never seen anyone mention PCC being asked for at port of exit in India by any other CPer. Obviously, hassling you to get some “chai-pani” was the objective. If the passport says “emigration clearance not required” then the PCC question seems moot but if they can hassle someone they will!

Bottom line, your advice to keep PCC and some other immigration docs in your hand-baggage is a good one for future CPers returning back.

Cheers,

Rjain

Rjain2 said:
if they can hassle someone they will!

Bottom line, your advice to keep PCC and some other immigration docs in your hand-baggage is a good one for future CPers returning back.

Precisely,

if then can hassle someone the will!

My motto - Don't fight with the establishment at the wrong time :rolleyes:

Belated Congrats

Alren,

Belated Congratulations man. I am glad that you made it after some hiccups. As KD used to mention LIVE LIFE KING SIZE.

All the best.

DA

Alren,

congrats! I am far away from the POE stage but have a quick question:

1). Does one have to fill out the 'white' form which has the I94 at the bottom that one retains after immigration check is completed? or is there a different form for people with Green card??

2). Do you stand in the Non-immigrant line or the other line for permanent residents?

Thanks.
S

sanjay, jalabalajings

Thanks.

sanjay, No you do not need to fill in I-94. But it will do no harm one filled up (as one of our members experienced because of some issue with medicals - if my memory serves me right). You'll have to tell the airline people that you have a (non immigrant) visa, otherwise they won't give you.

There's no form for people with GC or first time PRs

At Detroit, the made me stand in the visitors line and then directed to "Special Processing" counter.

Citizens and PRs have a different line.

alren,
Belated Congratulations for your POE. "Adventure hi Adventure" so surprising after seeing the Immigrant visa the immigration officer asking for PCC. Please excuse me I can't stop laughing.

You are right. Do not fight with establishments.

Thanks

congrats alren,

I'am new to this forum, but have read the complete experience of yours.
Alren, can you tell me, whne was your 140 arrpoved and did u mention of CP at the time of 140 itself or your later changed it to 140.
Also when did u exaclty started your CP processing.
I just want to get an idea as to after geting 140 approved how much time it takes till the interview.

thanks

Prashant

alren said:
Recd. Welcome letter yesterday (9/13) mentioning GC ordered on 9/9.

{{{ That's great news, finally after a long gap after POE, so how many copies did you receive and did you family also got along with you???}}}}

vm1214 said:
That's great news, finally after a long gap after POE, so how many copies did you receive and did you family also got along with you???
Just 1 each.

And finally recd. both of our Plastic cards yesterday.

Also recd. a 2nd set of Welcome letters too, mailed out the day after the PC were mailed.

Finally I'm going to stop checking my mail daily ....;)

Penultimately, Many Many Thanks to the likes of kd1403, raju595 other veteran members and all across the board for advice and support through this period.

Lastly Rajiv Khanna and immigration.com rocks and thanks to them.

"Finally I'm going to stop checking my mail daily" ............

But please dont stop checking immigration posts , i really appreciate your time and help which u extend to others.
on the same note thanx for the suggestion on filling I-134
in adobe.it worked for me.
thanx a lot
anushri

alren said:
And finally recd. both of our Plastic cards yesterday.

{{How was the experience }}}

Also recd. a 2nd set of Welcome letters too, mailed out the day after the PC were mailed.

{{No one is spared, every one has to carry at least two of them}}}

Finally I'm going to stop checking my mail daily ....;)

{{You mean the postal mails...Right}}}

Thanks

alren:

Congrats on receiving your physical GC. So did Ivan come before or your GC or because of Ivan winds your GC came faster?