Successful CP interview on Jan 28th @ Mumbai

astra

Registered Users (C)
The whole interview process was extremely smooth & guess what..... we also got a glimpse of Jhonny Lever (comedian) who had come for some visa.

Only the required documents were asked.

1. DS-230 Part II
2. Medical report
3. Birth Certificate
4. Marriage Certificate
5. PCC
6. Employment letter
7. I-134

additional document asked was my original H1 - petition since my stamp on the passport had expired.

The actual interview lasted just a few minutes (maybe 3-4 minutes). We were called in at @11:55am. We were interviewd by an extremely jovial and courteous lady officer.

me & wife - good morning.
officer- Who is your employer?
me - xyz
officer - What does your company do?
me - blah blah ... (actually we didn't say that ....;)
officer - How long have you been employed with them?
me - almost 5 yrs.
officer. What is your job title?
me - abc
officer - How long were you married?
me & wife (in chorus) - 2 yrs
officer - Do you have kids? (laughs)
me & wife (again in chorus) - no.
officer (now in a really jovial mood) - you still have time for kids...and then she asked us to enjoy before going for kids...
officer - do you have a valid stamp on the passport?
me - no, but I have submitted the petition.
officer - that's ok.. just wanted to make sure because we need to cancel valid stamps
indan lady officer - (sitting next to her) - returns the original H1 petition
officer - your visa has been granted.

We picked up the passport and the packet in the evening.

They did not invalidate the H1 stamp (i guess because it had already expired).

Guys I had a question... Will the authorities at Mumbai airport look for any valid stamp in my passport? (H stamp in my passport has expired and there is no other stamp, will I just show them the immigration packet?)

This forum has been of great help to me & I thank everyone.

A special thanks to kd1403 and kkulkar. You guys have really helped me by answering all my questions.

Good luck to all CPers..... CP rocks!!!!

Hi,
Can you post tentative dates, when you applied for your I140 and how long you waited after that?

Hi hetal18,

I used a substitute labor & applied for I-140 in june 2002.
There was an RFE on that I1-140 in june 2003 (yes... it took 12 months). Once the lawyers responded to RFE, 140 was approved in 1 month i.e. July 2003. 6 months after that was my interview.

hope this helps.

Originally posted by astra

Guys I had a question... Will the authorities at Mumbai airport look for any valid stamp in my passport? (H stamp in my passport has expired and there is no other stamp, will I just show them the immigration packet?)

Good luck to all CPers..... CP rocks!!!! [/B]

Congrats!

The Immigration authorities are familiar with the US Immigrant
Visa procedures. You just need to show the packet. The packet
would have the actual VISA stapled on the outside. Rest of the
papers are sealed inside for the POE Officer.

Raju

astra:

Congrats! And finally the ragaa ends here! So did you tell johnny lever this was the last time you would meet him at a USA consulate? :D

Like raju mentioned just flash your cp approval packet when u r @Sahar airport ready to fly back to usa. Enjoy your stay in bbay till then. And then be ready for the boston storms when you get back!

astra

Congrats Man!!

Good to hear that nice stuff. I fully concur with Raju595 and KD1403. Just show them the CP Packet and you are done with it.

Keep your CP Packers handy because you will be required to show them at the layover at Zurikh.

Enjoy your vacation!!