Successful CP Interview - Dec 29, New Delhi

paragm

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife and I had a successful CP interview at Delhi Embassy on Dec 29. I would again like to thank everyone for their help. This forum is doing an awesome job. Below are the details of my experince:

- Reached Delhi Dec 16.
- Had scheduled my medical exam with Dr.Dawesar for Dec 22. But realized Dr.Chawla's clinic was much closer to my home. Called for appointment on Dec 22..was told to just come on 22nd morning between 9-12.
- Went to Dr.Chawla's clinic on Dec 22. Not a very good experience. Since they don't give appointments, it's first come first served...Also, most of his cases are Family Based applicants from Punjab....hence even his preliminary forms were in Punjabi and English...had to actually search for the english to fill the forms. Anyways, waited for more than an hour and then was called for exam...just basic stuff and my wife and I were each given 3 shots (DT, MMR, chicken pox)..then were told to go to GK-I for x-ray. Was surprised since that's not close to his clinic... went there and got x-rays done....ws charged Rs. 3000 each. Was told to collect report Dec 24th evening...
Would not recommend Dr.Chawla....
- Dec 29...the big day..Interview was at 9 AM....reached embassy around 8:40AM.... was searched by guard and told to stand in line for immigrant visas..(there was another one for all non-immigrant visas)....our line moved relatively fast...were inside the embassy in 10 mins after passing through security again.... can't take any electronic items inside...had to deposit cell phone with the guard....went inside the embassy....
A support staff employee approached us and asked for our case type...showed her the appointment letter...she took it and told us to sit in a section for immigrant visa applicants. There were a lot of other applicants....most of them were family bases cases from punjab. Soon, they started calling names....some even multiple times....kept waiting for our names....and waiting....finally was called at noon...(after 3 hours waiting).....
Went to the window...indian lady asked us for the documents..
gave her following --
-DS 230 Part I and II
-Passports
-Employment letter
-Birth certificates...she returned the original and just kept photocopies
-Marriage certificate...again she returned the original and took 2 photocopies (for myself and wife)
-PCC...she kept the originals
-gave her affidavit of support for my wife...she returned it...not required
-2 photos each
She said everything was fine and told us to wait for our names to be called.....
-Sat down and waited again....and waited...
-Finally our names were called at 2:45
-Went to the window...was kinda surprised to see that the consular officer was desi-american lady....interview:

CO: What are your names?
Me: gave name
Wife: gave name
CO: Please raise your right hands......administered oath and asked us to sign DS-230 Part II
CO: Where are you in the US?
Me: Houston
CO: What do you do?
Me: (gave job details)
CO: (to my wife) when did u get married
Wife: gives marriage date
CO: Was it an arranged marriage?
Wife: yes
CO: What do you do?
Wife: I'm a housewife
CO: (to me) How long have you been in the US?
Me: about 8.5 years..
CO: What were you doing there before your job?
Me: Getting my masters.....
CO: (looking through my passport and all the visas in it)... what countries have you been to besides the US?
Me: Canada, Venezuela, Norway, South Korea..
CO: Why did you go to venezuela?
Me: for work..was doing a project there...(give some minor details)
CO: (keeps flipping through my case file...this huge stack of papers that I think were forwarded by the NVC)
CO: (nods..then asks my wife again)...when did you get married?
Wife: gives date of marriage...
CO: (to me) What project are you currently working on?
Me: (give current project info)
CO: (types something into the computer..then) Congratulations...your visa has been approved.. please come back at 4:30 to collect your visas
Wife and I: thanks (really....THANKS)

- Was done with interview in less than 10 mins..went out to get some lunch...got back to the embassy at 4:30...was asked to wait...again waited for an hour...got the visas at 5:30.. checked to make sure all the info was correct...

--Basically was in the embassy for about 7 hours total of which was waiting for 6 hours, 45 minutes...thankfully they had a TV with the India-Australia match so passed time watching that..the little snack bar inside is a rip off...
there were tons of family based applicants...there were even people with the same names....it was pretty funny at times... the consular officer would call for Balwinder Kaur...and 2 ladies would get up and rush to the window..there were like 7 Kaur applicants.

Anyways...it's finally done..Again..Thanks a lot to Mr.Khanna for running this forum and to all the members for their help. Will enter the US on Jan 15 at Chicago...

Hey paragm,

CONGRATS...

Thanks for detailed explaination of your experience.

Wish you all the best and have a nice journey....

Really this forum helps every one a lot...

Congrats paragm,
Enjoy life king size! as KD1403 usually says...

Did the IO asked you about the PCCs from the countries visited by you? Did you stay 6 months or more in any of these countries, which you have mentioned in your mail.

Thanks

:)

HEARTIEST CONGRATS on a successful interview. That is the most detailed description of your interview. REading it felt as though i was going through the cp interview again....

anyway..as cpnwd said LIVE LIFE KING SIZE....i guess that was the motto from FOUR SQUARE KING Cigarettes advt. in India....not sure why i remember that motto when i dont smoke!

why would the NVC send a whole bunch of stuff to consulate. i thought for P3 we just send the biographic form and not much else.

Hi GCsucks2003,

are you in india?

Which stage you are in now?

Packet 3 is sent to you (or your attorney) and it contains DS 230 Part I forms.
When the case is forwarded to Consulate, they create the case with them and send packet 4 (which contains appt letter, medical info, cover letter and DS 230 Part II form)

Also NVC Sends consulate the packet 3 (which we sent to nvc)...

gcsucks:

I think the bunch of papers referred to by paragm is:
1. The packet 3 form(s) plus
2. The required documents submitted by applicant on the day of the interview plus
3. I-140 and LC papers if the consulate has them

NVC only forwards the contents of packet 3 which is ds 230 part i plus any documents specific to that case.