Successful CP Interview @ Chennai on Jan 23rd (Meecheegun)

Meechgun_2

Registered Users (C)
Fellow CPers,

Writing to let you all know that our Green-Card got approved at Chennai US Consulate on the 23rd Jan.
Process was very typical as explained in detail by others on this discussion board.
Security was very tight as the interview was a day after the Kolkatta incident. Keep your appointment letter handy. Water bottle is allowed. Ladies\' handbags not allowed into the Consulate. Snacks (biscuit, coffee, samosa etc.) available inside the Consulate.
People were called in for Document submission on a first come first served basis (security guard decides this).
The oath-taking followed this activity.
Later on announcements were made (very feeble and not clear .... however if you don\'t hear it, the security guard comes out and announces your name loudly .... so don\'t worry) and people were called in for the interview at RANDOM (unlike what some people had discussed here about family cases being given preference, people with kids being given preference etc.)
We were out of the Consulate by 12:30pm.
No PCC required.
The lady (Indian) at the counter spent a lot of time on my employment letter (I wonder why). Got a little nervous.
Was asked for bank statements and latest paystubs.

Received the packet at my Bangalore address the following morning (11:30am). My first/middle/last names interchanged. I guess I can have this fixed at the POE. Right ? Has anyone had a similar experience before ? Please recommend.

Also I don\'t have to fill out the I-94 card. Right ? Please advice.

Very straightforward process. Highly recommend it to others.

Will be glad to answer questions upon my return to the U.S.

Good luck to others. Thanks to Mr. Khanna for maintaning this Board.

Repeat Message

Fellow CPers,

Writing to let you all know that our Green-Card got approved at Chennai US Consulate on the 23rd Jan.
Process was very typical as explained in detail by others on this discussion board.
Security was very tight as the interview was a day after the Kolkatta incident. Keep your appointment letter handy. Water bottle is allowed. Ladies\' handbags not allowed into the Consulate. Snacks (biscuit, coffee, samosa etc.) available inside the Consulate.
People were called in for Document submission on a first come first served basis (security guard decides this).
The oath-taking followed this activity.
Later on announcements were made (very feeble and not clear .... however if you don\'t hear it, the security guard comes out and announces your name loudly .... so don\'t worry) and people were called in for the interview at RANDOM (unlike what some people had discussed here about family cases being given preference, people with kids being given preference etc.)
We were out of the Consulate by 12:30pm.
No PCC required.
The lady (Indian) at the counter spent a lot of time on my employment letter (I wonder why). Got a little nervous.
Was asked for bank statements and latest paystubs.

Received the packet at my Bangalore address the following morning (11:30am). My first/middle/last names interchanged. I guess I can have this fixed at the POE. Right ? Has anyone had a similar experience before ? Please recommend.

Also I don\'t have to fill out the I-94 card. Right ? Please advice.

Very straightforward process. Highly recommend it to others.

Will be glad to answer questions upon my return to the U.S.

Good luck to others. Thanks to Mr. Khanna for maintaning this Board.

congrats man

I really appreciate it. U have been so helpful and a great contributor to this board. Enjoy your life as a PR. U deserve it.
Well I am here waiting for a march date. I missed the date in Feb becaus e police clearance hadnt come in as yet. Do u think therefore i may get an early march cos Police clearance came in last week just after they had scheduled all Feb interviiiews

Thanks

URGENT ?

Congrats, SIr.
My husband\'s interview is on Feb 6th. DId they ask you for 2002 tax returns or W-2\'s? Please respond. Thanks

Congrats Meechugun

Good luck for POE. Can u tell me how many bank statements (and paystubs) they asked for? Also, is the regular statement we get from banks enough or do we need to take any special letters>

Thanks.

POE - LAX (30th Jan 2002) - Went Well

Fellow CPers,

Thank you all for you congratulatory note.

I entered the U.S. via Los Angeles yesterday (30th Jan 2002).

Submitted the IV packets to the immigration officer. Was asked to sign on a form and was fingerprinted. Was then asked to go collect the baggage and come back. When I came back, the officer handed me back my Passport (with the red rubber stamp). The officer also made me sign an additional form (as I had asked the officer to interchange my middle and first names - they were interchanged on the IV packet).

The whole process went very smoothly.

Is there any way by which I can track the progress of my physical GC production ?

gcappl - regular bank statements are good enough

Just the regular bank statements are good enough. No bank letter needed.

What\'s the number to call to find out about the status of the GC after CP

What\'s the number to call to find out about the status of the GC after CP

No Title

Did u do go regular cp or attorney certified cp? can u explain what happened after I-i40 process ...did u apply for I-824....or u indicated u would do cp before at the time of applying I-140

Question

I am going to apply for the I-140. I am the primary applicant and my husband joins me as a dependent. My question is will there be any problem in Chennai Consulate if i go thru CP. Do the differentiate the case regarding the Gender. and currently my husband is on H4. but he came in as an H4 and got H1 and now transferred back to H4.

I really wanted to do CP.But very confused.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks