Successful CP interview at New Delhi (Jan 15th)

gcquery

Registered Users (C)
hi guys ... we had a successful CP interview on Jan 15th. It was real short
(compared to the expectation set after reading various posts on
immigration related sites). I had gone 2 days in advance (departed for New
Delhi from US on Jan 11th afternoon).

The day before:
---------------
Got medical/photos/drafts (not essential, US$ is accepted) done on Jan 14th. If you want medical report in a day, go to Dr. Jain in South extn. I got my photo from Rama Color Lab in Khan Market since Kumar Studio (which is in South Ex and close to Dr. Jan\'s office) was closed for renovation.

Day of Interview:
-----------------
We reached the embassy at 8:20 AM (appt. was at 8:30 AM). After submitting
all the documents asked for (finished around 10:10 AM), we were asked to come back at 4:30 PM. Following documents were asked for:

1. Original Appt. Letter, DS-230, Part I and II
2. Passport and PCC (from Indian Consulate Houston. no local PCC was asked for. However, I believe rules may be changing from Feb 1st onwards. Check with consulate),
3. Aff of Support,
4. IRS 9003,
5. Marriage Certificate,
6. Birth Certificate,
7. Passport Photos and,
8. Employment Letter. In addition, the consulate official wanted to see my
L1-A visa approval papers/stamp on the passport.

There was only one question relating to the job: which company I work for
and what do I do there? In general, it was quick and organized.

Entering US:
------------
My PoE was Houston. I was advised to go to \'New Immigrant Visa\' line at
Intercontinental airport Houston (counter #32). Within 5 minutes, I was done. Couple of questions, what I do and what\'s my academic background. Subsequently, the official took my right hand index finger print and signature and stamped the passport. I was told that the stamp on passport is valid for a year and actual GC should arrive within 6 months. If it does not arrive within 1 year, and I need to travel after that, then I should visit local INS office for stamping again.

One key difference you\'ll notice, is security - if you have not been to the US Consulate - New Delhi for the past year and half. Numerous searches and documents asked at every entry point.

Hope this helps. If you have any other queries, let me know.

All the best to those who have interviews in future

Congratulations gcquery..Great Going...one question

what do u think is the best time to go to Dr Jain\'s Office..cos i\'m keping just one day between my Medical checkup and interview..
Secondly any idea if US embassy accepts Travellers checks..
Thanks and Good Luck..

Reach early, no travellers checks are accepted

I suggest reaching Dr. Jain\'s office between 8:15 - 8:30 AM. In addition, call 3 days in advance and take an appt. for that day.

I would recommend taking cash (US$) or Demand Draft.

All the best for your interview