Successful CP in Paris (Dec 20, 2001) -Timeline

avis

My Wife and I successfully completed CP in Paris on December 20, 2001. Here are our details and timeline. I will detail the docs and interview soon in a separate message. Basically, except for two minor hiccups (VSC froze 1-140 for 3 months last year; and Paris Consulate lost our first mailing of Packet 3) that caused some delays, the entire process was very smooth. We are of course very grateful to all the information users of this site have kindly shared to create such a valuable public resource.

I will post interview/medical details shortly, and check this posting in a few days to respond to any follow-ups.

TIMELINE

I-140 (EB1-OR): Receipt Date (Vermont Service Center) October 6, 2000

May 17, 2001: I-140 approved (no rfe)

Late July 2001: Packet 3 received from NVC

Early August 2001: Packet 3 mailed to US Consulate Paris

September 2001: Checked Paris consulate-Packet not received; Resent Packet 3.

September-end 2001: Packet 3 received at US Consulate Paris.

Mid-October 2001: Call Consulate - told to expect interview Nov/Dec 2001

October-end 2001: Call Consulate to request interview date in mid-Dec 2001

Nov-end 2001: Call Consulate - Request granted, interview date Dec 20, 2001

Dec 4, 2001: Packet 4 received

Dec 6, 2001: Complete Medical Exam at Dr. Francis Slattery in Paris (exams early morning, all results picket up by 3pm) -- will detail experience in separate message.

Dec 20, 2001: 8:45 AM: Arrive at US Consulate
                10 AM: Documents submitted (only the required list, no particular order)
                10:15AM: Pay visa fee (they accept credit cards)
        11AM: Interview (about 3-4 minutes - very courteous and elementary)+Oath
                11:15AM: Pay visa issuance fee (again credit card)
                12:15: Pick up Visas

Dec 31: Arrive at JFK, walk to US Citizens and PR line
Submit Visa docs - No questions asked, she stamps our passports and tells us to go to a separate room. In this room again we submit all documents, in about 10 minutes we are fingerprinted and told that is all. We arrive at baggage claim even before our bags arrive! (entire process took 20 min.).