• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

successful cp in nigeria

desto

Registered Users (C)
I have benefited tremendously from this site i appreciate everybody's contribution and Here is a brief of my experience. It hope it helps where it matters.

26 oct 2006 Woke up early enough, . I got to the embassy at 5:30 a.m. and felt good about my arrival time because somehow I’d nursed fears on traffic conditions on the Island.

At embassy, I was ushered to the security check – in point,meanwhile dropped my mobile phone in my car to avoid embarassement and moved on only to be turned back because we had our passport based on the second letter from kcc that only the right ear will show, please if you want to get a passport, get one with both ears on it and 2 by 2 inch on a white background . Quickly, I rushed to get the required format of photograph. Somehow, took 4 passports@N1000 for anyone in Nigeria this was sheer exploitation because the normal rates are Truly, it’s better to be well prepared than wait till last minute because everything will be done at unreasonable price. In all, I maintained my calm knowing that what lies ahead was much more important than that .

Returned to security point, didn’t have any other problems, and opened all my sealed envelopes including the medical reports. I proceeded to waiting area and found a sea of heads all waiting to be interviewed about 300 in all. I was tagged DV56 which inferred that not everyone present was for the diversity interview as was my case. Maybe about 69 in all.

Paid $370 only and was asked to wait till the interview is over to pay for my husband's own, sat waiting for next instruction. After about an hour I was called to cubicle F to turn in our documents, the guy was very friendly, he ask me to present my Waec result, marriage certificate birth certificate, same for my husband expect the waec result. After about 5 hours because the passport we went to take make us to go behind, we were asked to come in with other immigrant visas and Dv
The consular officer was a young and amiable lady. She read to me the basis for qualifications and asked my DV husband to go and sit while she interogates me, she asked me " how many times i sat for Waec, i told her 3 times but one was ceased, she said i will prove to her who i said i am, my qualification and my relationship with my husband, she then ask me to pick from my waec result the one i had the highest grade, i picked Economics, she asked me " what is demand and supply? what happens to demand when the price increases and what will the suppliers do? she said okay, she said again " whats your mother's family name at birth and what's her real name, where did u met your husband? when did your sponsor got married to the nigerian guy? she asked me to present our picture, she went through the picture and asked me to explain everybody in the picture and what the occasion is all about,she asked me why we have not done our white wedding, i told her that we are planning to do that in American, she said why, i told her i wanted it to be a surprise to people, she asked my husband to come, she asked him when our wedding anniversary will be? and how did he met me? she asked us to go and sit after 5mins minutes she ask me to come .
She gave me a formatted letter scheduling me to come in a month’s time and pick up my VISA. Guess what her last words were, .
. . . . . .

Congratulations destiny, welcome to American, Enjoy your stay in American, she asked me not to make any life changes untill i recieve the visa
I was delighted as I walked out of the embassy but tried to manage my emotions. At last, I can consider myself a citizen of the United States of America, but for now I’ll do a lot of waiting b4 the pick up of visa

As i was waiting, i overheard other Dv interviews, the asked the man, what is unitary, federal and parliamentary system of government , the man could not get it, she choose maths for the man, she asked again what is pathgoros theorem, what is an area and peremeter of an object, the man was confused and she told him he's not eligible that the embassy will have to verify his Waec result to know if he really sat for the exam.

For those of us in nigeria, the Waec result is the ultimate, i was working but they did not mention anything like work make sure your waec result is okay and rehease any subject you have the highest grade.

i also met a guy that, they asked him what he intend to do in U.S.A, he said schooling and working, the guy is a graduate here, he was told he's certificate cannot get him a job there, they asked him to get admission letter to collect his visa, you know in American you pay like 23000 us dollars to get admission.

i wish each and everyone of us successful and make sure you are prepared. ever those of us with DV husband make sure your pictures are real,because the consular have been dealing with those kind of pictures before, i want to advise again, we went with the same kind of attire Native you can equally do so, the consular will be convince with that. definite you will succeed.

congratulations

Desto,
I tell you this is the lord's doing and it is marvellous in our sight, please thank God for what he has done for you, am telling you again just like the consular said Congratulations destiny, welcome to American, Enjoy your stay in American. good luck.

Wao!!! what a relief for you, we are still in the struggle and I know ours will come soon.

Congratulations to you and your husband.

Congratulatons Desto

Desto,
Congratulations, i am so happy for you and your family.I believe its a dream come true for you and your family and pray that God in his infinite mercy crowns this achievement with more blessings for u and ur family.

I just want to ask about the total fee u paid at the embassy, u mentioned paying $370.This is contrary to the the sum of $755 PER PERSON i have been reading about in the forum.You will wonder why im so particular about the fee.
I have a family of four (My wife is the principal applicant) and u know $755 * 4 no be small money for Nigeria my sister.So i want to know if the consular fee has been ct down to $370.

I must mention that u have done well in posting your experience on the forum.It has given me great insight to how to prepare my wife for the interview.

Thank you.

Congrats

Gee!
What a relief! We felicitate with u on your success. What else can we say, well done.

I can imagine all the thots, sleepless nites and concerns! All this is now over.

We wish all the best in your new 'life' in the US.

God bless and thanks for sharing your experience.

Congratulations Desto

What an experience!!! We rejoice with you and your husband on your success. All of the sleepless nights are over. Congratulations once again.
Regards to your husband.

shelnkid said:
Desto,
Congratulations, i am so happy for you and your family.I believe its a dream come true for you and your family and pray that God in his infinite mercy crowns this achievement with more blessings for u and ur family.

I just want to ask about the total fee u paid at the embassy, u mentioned paying $370.This is contrary to the the sum of $755 PER PERSON i have been reading about in the forum.You will wonder why im so particular about the fee.
I have a family of four (My wife is the principal applicant) and u know $755 * 4 no be small money for Nigeria my sister.So i want to know if the consular fee has been ct down to $370.

I must mention that u have done well in posting your experience on the forum.It has given me great insight to how to prepare my wife for the interview.

Thank you.

The $370 is to be paid by the principal applicant before the interview, which is the processing fee for the Dv.
If the case is approved, then,each members would then pay $755 while the prinicpal applicant would balance hers/his payment.

Thanks Jrcies

Thank u so very much for ur response as regards the Application fees.
Jrcies u have been so wonderfull on this forum.
We really appreciate ur contribution.

Thank you and kind regards.

DV Payment

I beg to disagree with what jrcies is given as payment.

The niger experiences shows that you pay
1. $370 DV payment on the day of your interview
2. $385 Immigrant visa payment on or before you collect your visa that is if you had a successful interview.
TOTAL MONEY TO BE PAID ALL IN ALL TO THE EMBASSY = $755 PER PERSON

Please check your first letter on payment or go to Lagos Embassy website

www.travel.state.gov OR go direct to http://abuja.usembassy.gov/wwwhconfees.html

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
yebomi said:
I beg to disagree with what jrcies is given as payment.

The niger experiences shows that you pay
1. $370 DV payment on the day of your interview
2. $385 Immigrant visa payment on or before you collect your visa that is if you had a successful interview.
TOTAL MONEY TO BE PAID ALL IN ALL TO THE EMBASSY = $755 PER PERSON

Please check your first letter on payment or go to Lagos Embassy website

www.travel.state.gov OR go direct to http://abuja.usembassy.gov/wwwhconfees.html

Regards

Yebomi,
Are you sure you understood my response to the said question???
Because if you did, you would have understood that I did not say anything different from what you said.

Desto,
Does it mean that even when u have a degree they still will disregard it and based questions ony our WAEC result?

at last, i can consider myself a citizen of the united states of america, but for now i’ll do a lot of waiting b4 the pick up of visa

you re not a us citizen but a permanent resident and presenting urself as a us citizen or lying about being a us citizen is a departable offence. You will be deported back to nigera. Thats just an fyi.