successful CP in Mumbai Feb 1 2002

thx

I m entering at Newark .

The US embassy guy was nt sure wether I can check the X rays in ..
EIther way , I ll see if I can fit it into my hand baggage .

Yes , I ll keep the Packets handy.

Thx again .

No need to carry X-ray in hand baggage

All you need is your immigration packet and the passport. POE is a breeze.
Good luck!

Good point.

YES. You do need to show your immigration packet at Mumbai airport as well as your transit airport too (several times). So please do keep it handy!

congrats

could you tell me how long it took to get interview date. I want a interview date between April 15 and May 15. When do you think I should mail P3? is there any pattern to when one gets interview date depending on when they receive P3?
thanks

there is a pattern

If you want an interview in the 2nd half of april, your P3 should reach the consulate by the 15th of Feb. (give and take a couple of days). That has been the pattern so far. Also, for your information, the employment based interviews are mostly scheduled in the second half of the month (there has been some exceptions where they have granted specific requests to schedule an early interview) and the family based interviews are scheduled in the first half of the month. Hope that helps.

PCC process at RPO

Can you please explain what is the process to obtain the PCC from RPO and how much time it took for it...Thanks.

Successful POE at newark.

Uneventful ...

As for PCC from RPO ..got mine in 1 day from CGNY.

Had to run around for my wife in Bombay tho .. Plz see my postings in this same thread.

wantAgc

thanks for the information. i have PCC. i hope everything will go fine with me. i know there is nothing to worry about. still i am little nervous.

lucky2b

The indian embassy / conulate in USA can issue you a PCC.
Thats all you need.

I got mine in NY.
Did not get my wifes from here .. I had to run around for that
in Bombay.
I suggest you finish all this in the US itself. Save yourself the grief .

wantAgc

can you pls tell me when I should email or call the mumbai consulate to request interview date. How many days after sending P3 should I try to contact them? also is it true that rules have changed and we cannot send P3 to consulate directly? but have to sent it to st.louis? please advice.
thanks

bluegrass

I m not sure about the new rules.
You can e mail the Mumbai embassy , the moment you know that Pkt 3 has reached them.

Consular processing- Need help urgently..!!

I just had my I-140 approved and am still debating if I should do CP or 485....I am also getting maried soon in India (May 2002) and my fiance is in f1 now. Can anyone please shed some light and help me decide......will greatly appreciate your help......

Plastic card rcvd

got both the cards by 03/14 .

Interview 02/01 , mumbai
POE newark 02/08
Cards rcvd 03/14

its finally over !!