successful CP in Mumbai Feb 1 2002

wantAgc

Registered Users (C)
I cant believe that I am actually postimg this message.
Im in a net cafe in Fort , Bombay .

The CP process went off well , interview barely a minute .
I will post a detailed message later.

Importatnt points :
1. They asked for PCC from RPO only .
Certain family based cases were sent away , because they did not
have the PCC. I told the deshi guy collecting documents how unfair this
last minute PCC thing is , he agreed , but said he has no choice.
Lucky I had the PCC in the nick of time.
BTW mumbai police gave me a letter saying that they do NOT issue PCC\'s and that if the RPO gives you one , then that is adequate.

2. They did not notice that my wife lives in Milwaukee and I in New Jersey.

3. No issues about my wife being on F1 ( OPT ) .

4. No issues about my wife retaining her maiden name.

5. No issues about us having a civil wedding in NJ.

Even DS47 walked thru the CP process . Besides the 2 of us there were no other employment CP cases today.
Picked up the passports / packets at 3 PM ( early beacuse its friday ) .

Could not believe my eyes to see my name on the packet .

Went to Konkan cafe at the president hotel for some good fish curry.

More later...

Shree ganesh , natcam, rashid truman and co , I will post a detailed
message later.

Until then.

Thx for all the help . Would not have been possible without u guys.

Congrtulations!!

Enjoy the freedom! Good to hear that process went smooth if you have PCC.. is Consulate PCC enough, as we won\'t get RPO PCC?

Congratulations ...you have worked hard for this.

based on your postings in the last few weeks, you were clearly in a lot of stress. I am glad that it went all well and smooth for you. Congratulations !

Great show..

ok..yes, send us the details....also r u saying PCC from the indian consulate is sufficient? congratulations again!!!

Congrats ! - A Q about the PCC

Do we need a PCC letter from the Consulate or the stamp on the passport is required too ? I was wondering if it is necessary to send the passport to the Chicago consulate here or I can just ask them to send a letter (they recd. PCC from RPO).
Thanks,
- Mukul

Congrats, WantAgc!

On getting your approval...and your wedding! You have lots of reasons to celebrate! Enjoy the rest of your stay in Mumbai!

Can you please post the format of the letter saying that Mumbai police does not issue PCC\'s.

And that the PCC from the RPO is adeqaute.

I am also facing a similar problem. THe local police station is not ready to issue any PCC. THey said that the Commissioner\'s office can issue a "Character Verification" Certificate. I want to get a similar letter you got from the Mumbai Police.

Please post immediately. Congrats WantAgc!

No Title

I m in my wifes house in Andheri , no scanner here.
So I cant post the local police letter.

The local police letter from mumbai only sayd that they
do not issue police certs , only the passport offfice can do that.
The Us embasy guys only asked for RPO PCC.
I got mine from CGNY , wife got heres from Worli Passport office in Mumbai.

It was really smooth , they only asked for the regular docs,
not even for W2 or Tax papers or I 140 approval etc.

He did mention that PCC is a must and case will be "delayed" if you dont have it .

I m eating like crazy now , went to "Mahesh lunch home "near the stock exchange for some great fish curry.

will be back in jersey on Feb 8th.

Will try and log on regularly till then , but its real slow here ..thx to VSNL !!!

until then ....

Congrats wangAGc

I remember you were so stressed out a couple of days before you left and all that crap with CGNY. Glad everything went just fine for you!

BTW, how did you get the CGNY PCC sorted out? Did someone pick it up for you? Did they give it to you before you left?

Once again CONGRATS!!!!

ialsowantGC

I got my wifes PCC from the local RPO in Mumbai.
Not easy to get it out , altho \' they claim they givr it in 1 hour.
They could not pull my wifes record , so the programmer ran a query to display the results on the SQL prompt !!!

The letter that they give ( PCC ) is all thats reqd. No one was asked for a local Poilce cert .

SO basically , either CGNY(or any other indian consulate )
or RPO \'s PCC is adequate.
No one looked at the PCC stamp in the passport , the letter is all that counts .

BTW , do I need to carry the X rays in my hand or can I put it in the checked luggage .

Congratulations buddy!

Hi Prashant,
Congratulations on the successful CP! Good luck at the POE!
ud

Congratulations & X-Ray Information

Congratulations on getting over with the CP... Enjoy yourself in Mumbai...

It is mentioned somewhere that you need to submit the X-ray along with the other packet at the PoE. You may want to carry it in your hand baggage, just in case they ask for it...

But in our case, they never asked us for the X-rays... Just took the Sealed Packets that the consulate gave us (with the visa and other paperwork). BTW, our PoE was JFK.

Also, you would want to keep the sealed packets handy at all times during your return trip. You would need to show it to the authorities at different points at Mumbai airport and possibly at stop-over airports too...

Good Luck and have a safe trip.