• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful CP in Lima - Peru

gismito2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys!!!

Today my wife and I woke up very early, our interview was scheduled at 8:00 am and we arrived to the embassy at 7:45am. Line was not long so we passed inmediatly, we were asked for the 2nd letter and to wait in a hall. A nice lady called my wife´s name (beneficiary) and we were told to go to the cashier and pay the fees.

After we paid, we waited almost 25 minutes to be called again, this new lady was not as nice as the first one. She asked for all of our papers and documents. It seemed wierd we were asked for an affidavit when it´s supposed not to be necessary in DV. Anyway, we had one and gave it to her, then she asked our longest stay in US when we used to travel as tourists and continued checking all (medical exams, certificates, etc). When she finished checking, she told us to wait for the consular officer to call us. We did. Almost 1 hour.

Finally the consular officer called our names and took our finger prints. He asked my wife again the same question about her staying in US, her studies and if she has relatives in US. As her husband, the consular officer just asked me about my staying in US as well. Next, he said "Your VISA is approved". We smiled and thanked him.

While the way to the exit, we kissed each other and breathed deeply after many months of ansiety. Our passports with VISAs stamped have to be picked this monday in a DHL office.

Thanks to all of you cause I learned many things and your comments were very useful.

Good luck to everyone.

Gismito2000

Last edited by a moderator:
Brown Envelope

Today we picked the passports up and they have the visa stamped!!! Together, it comes the "famous" brown envelope which must not be opened. It contains all documents handed at the interview so you might not worry if you hand original docs. They are given back at POE.

Rgds,
Gismito2000

its important?

hi gismito, i won the visa lottery 2007, but my number is SA000015XX and the cut off number is 800 for febrary, so i have to wait.
But here is my question , i readed your post, and you said that they ask you for how long did you stay in US as a tourist, i have travel to US and i have been there for 6 months and in another occasion for one year but as a tourist, my brother and my sister are doctors so they gave me financial support, i didn't work. Do u think i gona have problems for stay in USA 6 months or 1 year?.. Why they ask u about this?
Mucha gracias!

Tourist

Hello Beathricce,

Congratulations for your coming interview. We are already in USA since December 26th and still looking for a job. This country is great and we know we will make it!!!

Regarding your question, I don't know what to answer. I think if you have always been legally here, you won't have to worry. In my case I said I was two weeks as a top and all was OK.

Good luck!!!!

Working In U.s.

Hi everybody,

Just o say hello to all of you in this forum. I have to admit it was very useful. I collected lots of information.

Now, I am already working in a dutch airline company, Miami based as well as my wife in an american freight forwarder. We are really doing great here with everything except the credit history, something you have to build little by little so I recommend to start here with a secured credit card and come with 'some" cash.

Good luck to everybody in this experience.

Gismito