• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful cp in guangzhou-china mainland yesterday 3 sep 2008

smarley

Registered Users (C)
PRAYER IS THE MASTER KEY....

I had a successful interview yesterday. I will post the full details of my interview experience over the weekend. I will pick up my passport tomorrow Friday morning 9:00 am at a designated post office next to the embassy and then fly to Shanghai in the afternoon for preparation to Atlanta - Georgia next Month.

I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone in this forum for their helpful answers to my questions.

And also pray for those who are to be interview in days ahead like FAVOR and the rest.. God will put everyone through.

God is great all the time...

Congratulations smarley.

Would you mind letting us know your nationality?
Are you one of those Chinese who are Taiwan-born, Macau-born, Hong Kong-born or are you a third country citizen?

Your reply would be highly appreciated.

PRAYER IS THE MASTER KEY....

I had a successful interview yesterday. ...

And also pray for those who are to be interview in days ahead like FAVOR and the rest.. God will put everyone through.

God is great all the time...

Congratulations!

However I think your subsequent comments are misleading.

Prayer has NOTHING to do with it. If other applicants rely on this strategy then there is every chance of failure.

It's not that complicated:
1. Enter the lottery and win
2. Meet ALL the criteria ... to the letter
3. Methodically prove you meet all the criteria
4. Satisfy the interviewing officer you can make it in the US

That means reading the USCIS instructions carefully and following them exactly and without error. The requirements are simple so leave nothing to chance. Prepare for the interview.

God does not put everyone through. The program is run by the US government. It's their program and how it runs is decided by them.
There were over 9 million applicants for the DV2009 program. Only around 50,000 will make it through. That means that USCIS (not god) did not select most of the applicants. Every person that wins means another person did not win.

Congratulations!

Prayer has NOTHING to do with it. If other applicants rely on this strategy then there is every chance of failure.

That means reading the USCIS instructions carefully and following them exactly and without error. The requirements are simple so leave nothing to chance. Prepare for the interview.

God does not put everyone through. The program is run by the US government. It's their program and how it runs is decided by them.
There were over 9 million applicants for the DV2009 program. Only around 50,000 will make it through. That means that USCIS (not god) did not select most of the applicants. Every person that wins means another person did not win.

Couldn't agree more. I noticed that many folks (especially from Africa) rely solely on god. I say prepare yourself and everything will be fine. I'm not a big fan of religion myself but I still got my Visa after 30 seconds and no questions asked.

i dont usually ....

yazoo and slaclerdemigod,
i am greatly moved by ur comments....all i will just to u guys is that 'the labourer labours in vain,if the Lord has not buildth...it goes beyound being religious..it's our way of life.God to us,is everything..take it or leave it

Congratulations!

Yes,you're right !!! We must prepare very well for the interview.We can't only depend on the god and just praying everyday.About 100,000 won the DV lottery and only the half will receive the green card.Tha'ts pretty hard ! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
slackerdemigod and Yazoo you guys didn't get me well... I didn't say people should not prepare and focus on prayer.. If you guys don't believe in God as part of your preparation better leave it.. I do believe in God in everything I do.

If I was not preparing I will not even waste my time on this forum which on the other hand I am preparing... I mentioned to post my experience which I will do when I am free and from it you can stand to judge me .

Never stand to judge people without facing things on both side...

I prepared and with the LORD I went through... accept or leave it...

God is great all the time.

Religion, beliefs and DV

This is an interesting subject and you're discussing in at a reasonable manner, thanks.

I have a question to smarley. Do you think someone who doesn't practice any religion or a belief such as Budhism, have a chance on DV?

Holys...Why not..Any person can win...Do you think everyone going to Church is a good person? So never stand to judge someone base on what he / she believe in..

The so call Yazoo went further to talk about African relying solely on god.

Consider the fact that they do... same as people who believe in Buddhism and other religions do for their reasons best know to them.

So my advise would be .. never judge anyone for what he / she believe in..

I have live in Asia for more than 5 years and I have seen all kinds of beliefs people do believe in just to get achievement in life but I have never stand to judge anyone believing in Apples and Bananas in other to have success in life...

I hope you will understand what I mean

Hi smarley,
Thanks for your replies.

I didn't and don't judge people with what they believe or not.
Actually, I don't judge people :)

I just wanted to make sure that I didn't misunderstand you.

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone whether s/he believes or not ;)

smarley, thanks for the clarification. It looks like we can agree then that preparation is a key factor in a successful DV application.
I'm just wondering ... when you read a note in this forum expressing a very different religious point of view to your own, how did that make you feel? Think carefully about your immediate reaction.
Do you think that it is appropriate to express religious views in this forum about DV visas? How do you think that makes other people of Buddhist, atheist, or other beliefs feel when there is continual mention of god? If other noters where to continually mention that god is irrelevant or there is no god, would you be okay with that? Is that a good thing for this forum?

smarley, thanks for the clarification. It looks like we can agree then that preparation is a key factor in a successful DV application.
I'm just wondering ... when you read a note in this forum expressing a very different religious point of view to your own, how did that make you feel? Think carefully about your immediate reaction.
Do you think that it is appropriate to express religious views in this forum about DV visas? How do you think that makes other people of Buddhist, atheist, or other beliefs feel when there is continual mention of god? If other noters where to continually mention that god is irrelevant or there is no god, would you be okay with that? Is that a good thing for this forum?
No matter what you believe or say, it will NEVER remove the TRUTH that there is only one GOD and HIS son JESUS CHRIST, who rules in the affairs of men.But you do have the right to believe in anything and l dont condemn or judge you for that.:D

5th of Oct 2008 - I arrived Atlanta via Los Angeles California.
9th of Oct 2008 - Applied for social security and still waiting for my social security number.
16 Oct 2008 - I got my Permanent Resident Card ( Green Card ) which mean it took only 11 days for me to get my green card from the date of entry. I guess Los Angles - CA is one of the fastest Unit. The card is valid until 2018 and 10 years validity.
Will keep you update.. I have been very busy with some stuffs