Successful CP in Delhi Feb 27 -- sonukumar

sonu kumar

Registered Users (C)
Hey,
  I am back in NY after a successful CP. I made a lucky slip as Delhi was "bund" (closed) on the 28th and so was the Embassy! I was among the first ones to be called and was out by 10:00 a.m. It was smooth. Interview questions were basic conversational questions. Nothing to do with work! I was amazed when the only paper out of the oridinary was asked -- that is the original H1-B. I didn\'t expect them to ask that. They did not ask for tax papers, or stubs.
The following was asked:
Form 230 part 1 and 2,
PCC,
Employment Letter,
IRS 9003,
Birth Certificate,
medical report,
passport,
and original H1-B.

They then asked me to come back at 4. At 4 they handed me a package where everything is sealed except the visa document. This you should make a photocopy of for your records. I didn\'t know it and had to make a copy of it at the airport here. They also cancel your US visa.

While coming back, i had showed my papers in India as well as here in US. Here at the airport, did the fingerprinting and got a stamp on the passport stating temporary permanent residence. All went well.

Thank you all for all your support and advices and information.
It is understandable that when we go through this it is all new and scary, but now that I look back, I am happy I took this step!

Thanks to all of you!!!!!!

Hello Sonukumar, can you clarify.....

You said they gave you a package which is sealed and you made a copy of that package at the airport.

Q1. What is in that package? Do you have to hand over the package to INS officer at the Airport? How you made copy of the package if it is sealed?

Thanks

No Title

Hi GCLucky,
   Well the embassy people give u a package (closed) with one page attached openly on the top - which will be your visa page. Just copy this page for your records. At your POE, you will need to hand in this whole package to the INS officer.
 Hope this helps.
Sonu

Police clearance

Sonu,
congrats. now could you please answer this question.
My interview date is april 12th. I still haven;t got my police certificates. My relatives in india are trying to get them.

I came to USA in march 1996. Before that i was in delhi for 3 years. It is from delhi that my passport was issued. Now will it be sufficient if i get the police certificarte from Vasant kunj where i was residing and from the regional passport office ?

OR

Will i also need police certificate from all the other places that i have lived in India since age 16 ?

waiting egerly for yr response.

BTW, I did not keep a copy of the immigrant visa cover sheet as u had suggested. But I have already

Dont worry.. it is pre plastic card situation that you could have needed

the copy of IV visa. It has your A#..that is on your GC now.
cheers

get the PCC from either CGNY or RPO at Delhi

If u from Delhi and for some reason, can\'t get it from CGNY..u can go to passport office at Delhi..it\'e very efficient and what i heard at this board is that it takes only a day to get it from there...k..Good Luck...
NO NEED TO GET IT FROM POLICE STATIONS..

Cooool..buddy...Congratulations..Greeaaat Going...

atleast no hiccups in getting the Plastic card...Good Luck for future :)

Thanks all! Dudeap a question?!

Congrats to you all too!!! This has been long awaited and well earned, I think! I am just waiting for the card now :)

Dudeap, how long from the DOE did u get your card? And what was your POE?

Thanks again guys for all your help and good luck to all of you!

Sonu