Successful Cp in Chennai on Feb 28.

IncyWincy

Registered Users (C)
The whole process went well and just one question asked - "since how long with the employer?". Everything else as mentioned in the previous posts.
Port of Entry - JFK on March 14.
I thank this board and all the people who are keeping this alive and up to date!!!
I just have one question for all the successful CP\'ers, the consulate has hold back couple of documents - my pay stub and bank statements and they have not returned it to me. Is this normal?
Thanks for your answers in advance!

Thanks for your reply post_gc_guy!

Did you get your plastic yet? Anyone else had this kind of experience??? Please share.

Yes, my wife\'s card was received in 2 weeks and mine along with

kids was received a week later. PoE was at Washington, IAD.

Good luck.
You should get in the same time frame too. Now a days, TSC is raining with plastic cards.

Abt PCC

What procedure should I follow to get PCC? I was staying in Chennai for 7 months on a business trip of course was paid by the company in US. is PCC required for both me and my spouse?

I have chosen to do CP in chennai? What should I do to get it? Should I get it from my native place (madurai) or from chennai ( as I was staying for 7 months)?

Thanx in Advance.
-Aravind

I hope this will be helpful for you...

INDIAN POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE OBTAINED AS FOLLOWS:

-- All Indian IV applicants age 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local passport office. Applicants whose Indian passport was issued within the past six months may present just the passport office police certificate, and need not obtain additional police clearances.
-- applicants over age 16 whose passports were issued more than six months previous to visa application must also obtain a police clearance from the district police office serving the applicant’s place of residence.
-- Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.
-- Non-Indian Iv Applicants Residing In India Should Obtain Police Certificates From The District Police Station Serving Their Area Of Residence.
-- Indian Police Certificates Are Not Available For Foreign (Non-Indian) Applicants Applying Outside India.

Just got our plastic cards and the welcome letters...

DOE - 03/12 and POE - JFK. Infact my husband got 2 welcome letters :)