Successful CP from Mumbai. Interesting case.

jolly7

Registered Users (C)
First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Rajeev Khanna for providing this wonderful site. Secondly I would like to thank all of the participants of this site for the tremendous amount of information that has been posted. The site immihelp.com was also useful and I could get all the fillable forms from there.

I was working in US and then shifted to Singapore almost a year back. My company continued GC processing and I successfully completed CP from Mumbai last week.

Things that are clear from my experience is :
1. GC is for a future job and you may be working with another company even in a different country.
2. I-134 need not be notorized, although it is not a big deal to notorize if one is in the U.S.
3. In my case they took DS230I,II, I-134,IRS9003,Birth certificates,Marriage certificate,PCC,Employment offer letter. Nothing more.
4. I was asked where I was working currently and for how long. I told the truth and anyway it was mentioned in DS230-I and I-134.

Documents were colleced by the \'Parsi\' lady and there was no problems. Interview was short and lasted no more than two minutes.
I was very anxious all the days leading upto the interview date, as mine was a different case. But by God\'s grace and the information that this site provided , everything went smoothly. I will be joining my sponsoring company shortly.

Thanks and best of luck to everybody in their endeavour to obtain GC.

I missed out mentioning the \'Medical\'s along with the list of docments submitted.

Congrats Jolly7! Did you obtain PCC from RPO in India? Did you obtain local police clearance?

Would appreciate your comment. Thanks.

job offer letter date

Hi Jolly7

Can you please tell me what job offer letter you carried? The one that was dated 1 year ago, when you initially joined the company in USA OR it is a latest offer letter from your company?

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Job change(redeployment)

Congrats Jolly7...
I have a question related to whatever you specified.. I was working in one group, employer eliminated the job and gave me a chance to look for a job in other groups. Employer gave me 2 months time to find out a job in other group and kept me on payroll as a normal employee. I got a job in other group in 3 weeks after i got terminated from first job, that time my I140 process was going on. Now I got my I140 approved and wanted to decide for CP or AOS. I am slightly afraid to go for CP because of my job change even if everything is same for me Position, salary, level only group is different.. Even the product which I was working on is no more in developement phase. So please let me know your views on this? Is there anything legally I need to do to proceed for next phase?
Thanks in advance..

No PCC was asked in January CP interviews

I cleared my CP Interview on Jan 29th and no PCC was asked. In fact I didnot have one with me. All other standard listed documents were asked.

If you are planning to apply for PCC through RPO, they take your passport in possession till they get PCC. I initiated process, but after realizing that I will not have passport with me, I withdrew the case.

I never got Packet 4 in the US and got copy very late. If you are in the same situation (Not receiving P4), please have your relative/friend/representative go there very early 5-6AM. There is only one line for allkinds of enquires and some time the trip may be fruitless!

I hade typed copy of OS230 part1 same as that I sent with Packet 3. But that was not accepted and the interviewer asked me to refill the form for me and my wife. Also pictures were not accepted, but they have kept instant service (Rs.200 for 5 copies). So these two things delayed my process by about 20-25 minutes. Other papers asked were Birth Certificate, Marraige Certificate, Mediacal Results (No XRays), OS230 Part II, passports.

First interviewer was Indian and second who formally signed and ask me and my wife to declare that all information is true etc., was American. Both were very nice and friendly.

Thanks to Rajeev Verma and this forum for all information sharing.

GC is for a future job.

GC is for a future job and so if you have an offer letter from the sponsoring company which was obtained within one or two months of the interview, everything should be okay.

Jolly7, Was the name of the company you were working in US same as the company in Singapore?

How many years were you working for the US company, if that matters?

Congratualtion Jully7, and Vdesh1 !!

One question for you guys !! did you see any sign on cashier window for cash payments or did you pay cash instead or dd ?

Thanks

Satish

as working with a diferent company. I dont think the duration of previous work matters.

Congratulations Jolly!!!!

Can you name the company that filed your GC in US ? Are there any job openings ? Its very unpleasant situation in US to work on H1B, as there is constant fear of getting layed off and with the employer like mine, its very difficult to be on payroll also once I am layed off from client. Hence I was thinking of moving out of US temporarily and find another job with a company that has multiple locations in diff. countries.

It would be great if you can name the company !!

Hi Jolly7, need your help if're still around

Hi,

My case is also similar to yours and I've been working in India. Please let me know what Salary you had entered in Item# 7 of I-134? And did you sign it infront of the Imm. Officer at Mumbai?

Thanks a lot.

- Luit

One querry

jolly7,

I am in the same boat as you. Have been in Sing for the past year or so, after being in the US before.

Just wanted to ask you did you think about doing the CP in Singapore instead of bombay. I am thinking of doing this is there any drawback to this. Thanks a lot in advance.