SUCCESSFUL CP DONE AT NEW DELHI - Jan 30th

Vishal Gupta

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
   CP process came out simpler than I had thought before. No hassel at all.

Medical checkup done on Jan 21st at Dr. K. P. Jain\'s clinic. Got the medical report on the same day around 6:30PM.

Had an appointment for Jan 30th at consulate. Went there 7:45AM. Entered inside at 8AM. Was called at window 15 for a little stamp on DS-230 partII. The person gave the slip indicating the amount of visa fee we need to give. For Me & my wife it was $650(260+260+65+65). Paid in cash USD at cishier window.
After some time went under oath infront of a consular officer. It was a combined oath taken by all the persons sitting in the hall. Was again called at window 15 where a consular officer signed the DS part II. This was new step as it was never told at this portal. Sudhir & his wife were also there. They also took this new step as surprise. But its okay..
  Were asked to wait in the hall until our names were called. Was lucky that I got my turn just after 2-3 candidates. Again went to window 15. Person there was very curtious & helpful. Was asked for the following doc along with the passport...

1. My Ds part I & II form
2. My current H1 because the visa in my passport had expired.
3. my birt certificate copy
4. Marriage cert copy
5. PCC copy(provided SFO PCC copy. No question asked!!)
6. I-134
7. Employment letter
8. Medical report(No X-rays were asked)

Then he collected the docs for my wife along with her passport..

1. DS forms
2. PCC photocopy
3. Birth cert. copy
4. Marriage cert. copy
5. Medical report.

He asked us to come back at 4:30 in afternoon. We reached there at 4:20 & were allowed to go inside immediately. Firstly they called the family based cases for which they were quite thorough in investigation...We(Shudhir, his wife, Me & my wife) could guess this because each applicant was called multiple times & each time was interrogated for long time..After that around 5:54 they started giving visas for employment based cases..which was just like..Calling the names & distributing the visa...

Got our name called around 6PM & got the visa packet.

Over all it was a very smooth process. I would recommand everyone to go for it.

I would be accessing this portal after returning to US on Feb 8th so please feel free to post any enquiry/doubt.

At last - CP ROCKS ....:eek:)!!!

Thanks
Vishal

CONGRATULATIONS Vishal

Great Going..thanks for mentioning the new addition to the routine....
I\'ve been looking for ur and Sudhir\'s input..maybe u guys were partying ;) , after all that the Delhi JAN CPers had to go through (PCC et al...)
Good Luck for future...

Marriage Certificate Question - URGENT

Hi Guys,

Please advise:

I don\'t have the original cert. and have the certified
copy issued by the registrar office in India at the
time of marriage. After much talking also they say
that they can only issue certified copy and say that
it is equivalent to original. I was wondering that
should I get some form of affadavit made, stating we
are married. Or certified copy should be sufficient?

Also my wife\'s birth cert doesn\'t have here father\'s
and mother\'s surname, so should we get an affadavit
for that too.

What is the format for the affadavits?

Thanks for your help

Punit

Re: Punit Bhargava

You should get affidavits for both your marriage cert. and birth cert. You will not be granted GC until you get both of them.

gcworth - YES NOTORISED LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT IS NEEDED

On company letter head. Both notorizing and company letter head are important