Successful CP at NWD on 11/25

thedutt

Registered Users (C)
Went into consulate at the interview time. One thing that you must take into account at least for NWD is that they do not let you in till about 15 mins before the scheduled interview time.

Step 1: Waited in the standing line and got to the window #13 in about 10 mins. He took the interview letter.

Step 2: Got called @ the window #14 to submit the documents after 40 mins. Was asked to sign a letter that stated that I intend to join the company sponsoring my GC, else I would inform the Company and the consulate. (People have writing the format of this letter in other threads, so please search for it if you would like to know, I do not remember it off hand)

Step 3: Got called @ window 13 again for interview after about 3 hours. Was asked to take oath and the following questions where asked:
-Where did you do your undergraduate?
-Where in US did you go for Grad school?
-What is your graduate degree in?
-What does your father do?
-How long have you been with the present company?

Then he informed me that my visa packet would be ready by 5 pm. The request to get it earlier that day was denied and I was informed that come in at 5pm or next week.

Got back to consulate @ 4:45, got the visa packet @ 5:15pm.
POE was LA, got to immigratant window and was directed to the permanent resident processing window. Waited in line and else where for about 1 hour and was given back the passport with a stamp valid for 1 year and informed that I would be getting the GC via mail.

Overall, I have to say, this was a smooth process and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Glad that I chose CP over 485 ;-)

Now just waiting for the welcome letter and the actual card :)

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience.

Could you please let us know about the medical in Delhi (where and how was that) and PCC(whether you got it from US or Delhi).

Thanks

How many days in advance?

thedutt,

Congrats for the successful GC-CP interview.

Q1. Is PCC from US enough or a PCC from local passport office is also required?
Q2. How many days should an individual plan to go India in advance to get prepared for the interiew?

Thanks.

Thanks guys!
Q1. Is PCC from US enough or a PCC from local passport office is also required?
PCC from US is enough if you have been living in the US. I did not have a local PCC.

Q2. How many days should an individual plan to go India in advance to get prepared for the interiew?
You probably want to get there at least a few days earlier to take care of the medical exam. (Do schedule it before you get to india). The doctors can be very helpful , so at the very minimum you want to be in india 1 day in adanvce to do the medical as certain doctors can produce the reports in 1 day ususally. Though going about a week in advance would be more like it.

Medical was straightforward, just some regurlar checks done by the doctor (gave me immunizations, took my word for the ones which I had taken already, bp, heart rate, etc etc). Additionally the following tests were done:
1) HIV
2) Syphillis
3) TB via XRAY

Good luck!

Doctors preference

Any Doctor preference in New Delhi?

If so, could you share the contact info (phone, address, etc).

Thanks.

Thanks Im! You all have been a great help throughout the process.
From what I have heard others say, pretty much most of the doctors are quite helpful and if requrested provide the reports the same day. So I just picked one with whom I could get a Sat Appointment ;)