Successful CP at mumbai

Very_Hopeful

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview on June 12th. It was a mere formality. Here is the sequence of events:

Arrived at VFS 6.30am
Taken to consulate at 7.30 am
Cleared security and was told to seat in the rt half of the hall. (Just hand in a copy of the appt letter at the front desk. Do not stand in the line to be fingerprinted. That is for non-immigrant visa) - by 7.48 am

we were called at 8.30 am (Indian official-very nice and couteous. Puts you at ease)for the verification of documents. Submitted employment letter and 134 for my wife.

INterviews started at 9.30 am. Only two counters were for immigrant visa. Two of the six emloyment based were called by 9.45 am. We were called at 12.30pm. So be prepared to wait for anything from 1/2 to 4 hours.

Actual interview: As sson as we came to window, we were told to raise the right hand and swear that we will tell the truth. Then we were made to sign the part two of the DS 230. we were finger printed (both the index fingers). Then the questions were asked:
Where do you work
How long have you been working for the employer
Address of employer
What did you study
When did you first come to US
Where else have you travelled and was it for business or pleasure
Asked my wife whether she works or not
Any US born kids
OK, your immigrant visa is issued. Made me sign one more thing (she was in such a rush, I did not even get a chance to read it. Most likely it is statement from me that I will work for the sponsoring employer and that the IV is valid for six months)

All the questions were asked while she was staring at the computer screen and doing some data entry. No documents were asked for. The whole interview lasted four minutes.

We picked up the passports at 5 pm. There is a seperate queue for GC and they are let in first. We got our passports by 5.15 pm.

There were around 60 applicants (only 5 employment based, rest were family based)

Every employment based IV was given and on an average interview was for five minutes.

Family based are more complicated and were taking for an hour in some cases. But even for them 80% were granted their GC. The few unlucky ones were due to lack of proper documentation. Even for them the consul officers tried very hard to help them get their GC. They were requested to bring some additional documents.

Moral of the story: Relax. Nobody in the Mumbai consulate will give you hard time. Employment based GCs have absolutely nothing to worry about.

PLease email me any questions about the whole process. One word of advice for Indian nationals in US. Apply for PCC as soon as the case number is generated at NVC. Also send a email to mumbai embassy as soon as NVC sends the case to consulate. I got a email on May 16 about my interview on JUne 12. That meant I had to leave for India by May25th to meet the deadline of submitting the documents 7 to 10 working days in advance. I never recieved my packet4. My brother had to pick up the duplicate P4 from the embassy.

Regrading medicals, Hinduja was not listed on the P4 even though they are authorised to do the medicals for GC. Initially I had set up the appointment at Hinduja but changed to Breach Candy at the last moment because of this confusion. MEDICAL NEED NOT BE SUBMITTED 7 TO 10 WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE. YOU CAN SUBMIT IT AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW. But VFS strongly recommends submitting it along with the rest of the listed documents. Carry your entire medical history/documents/statement from your physician and a detailed record of your immunization.

Hmmm... what else. Once again apply for PCC right away. I almost lost the interview date because of the delay by the DC embasssy in issuing me PCC. They sat on my application for over a month despite my passport being issued at DC. And there was no way we could get in touch with anyone at DC. So give yourself atleast two months for the PCC.

Congrats

Congratulations,
Its good to know that every thing went smooth for you.

How much time did NVC take to send your file to Consulate after you submitted DS-230 forms and documents? After consulate received your packet how much they took to shcedule your interview.

I am asking this because my dates have become current now and NVC had sent me the form DS-230 but I am yet to receive them.

Thanks in advance.
LaborCleared.

I had my interview on June 12th. It was a mere formality. Here is the sequence of events:

Arrived at VFS 6.30am
Cleared security and was told to seat in the rt half of the hall. (Just hand in a copy of the appt letter at the front desk. Do not stand in the line to be fingerprinted. That is for non-immigrant visa) - by 7.48 am

we were called at 8.30 am (Indian official-very nice and couteous. Puts you at ease)for the verification of documents. Submitted employment letter and 134 for my wife.

INterviews started at 9.30 am. Only two counters were for immigrant visa. Two of the six emloyment based were called by 9.45 am. We were called at 12.30pm. So be prepared to wait for anything from 1/2 to 4 hours.

Actual interview: As sson as we came to window, we were told to raise the right hand and swear that we will tell the truth. Then we were made to sign the part two of the DS 230. we were finger printed (both the index fingers). Then the questions were asked:
Where do you work
Address of employer
What did you study
Any US born kids
OK, your immigrant visa is issued. Made me sign one more thing (she was in such a rush, I did not even get a chance to read it. Most likely it is statement from me that I will work for the sponsoring employer and that the IV is valid for six months)

All the questions were asked while she was staring at the computer screen and doing some data entry. No documents were asked for. The whole interview lasted four minutes.

We picked up the passports at 5 pm. There is a seperate queue for GC and they are let in first. We got our passports by 5.15 pm.

There were around 60 applicants (only 5 employment based, rest were family based)

Every employment based IV was given and on an average interview was for five minutes.

Family based are more complicated and were taking for an hour in some cases. But even for them 80% were granted their GC. The few unlucky ones were due to lack of proper documentation. Even for them the consul officers tried very hard to help them get their GC. They were requested to bring some additional documents.

Moral of the story: Relax. Nobody in the Mumbai consulate will give you hard time. Employment based GCs have absolutely nothing to worry about.

PLease email me any questions about the whole process. One word of advice for Indian nationals in US. Apply for PCC as soon as the case number is generated at NVC. Also send a email to mumbai embassy as soon as NVC sends the case to consulate. I got a email on May 16 about my interview on JUne 12. That meant I had to leave for India by May25th to meet the deadline of submitting the documents 7 to 10 working days in advance. I never recieved my packet4. My brother had to pick up the duplicate P4 from the embassy.

Regrading medicals, Hinduja was not listed on the P4 even though they are authorised to do the medicals for GC. Initially I had set up the appointment at Hinduja but changed to Breach Candy at the last moment because of this confusion. MEDICAL NEED NOT BE SUBMITTED 7 TO 10 WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE. YOU CAN SUBMIT IT AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW. But VFS strongly recommends submitting it along with the rest of the listed documents. Carry your entire medical history/documents/statement from your physician and a detailed record of your immunization.

Hmmm... what else. Once again apply for PCC right away. I almost lost the interview date because of the delay by the DC embasssy in issuing me PCC. They sat on my application for over a month despite my passport being issued at DC. And there was no way we could get in touch with anyone at DC. So give yourself atleast two months for the PCC.

Arrived at VFS 6.30am

Where do you work
Address of employer
What did you study
Any US born kids

Hi,

Congrats and thanks a lot for posting your experience.

Congratulations very hopeful. I have couple of questions-
I-134 form which I downloaded from the USCIS , expires 4/2007. Is it ok to use this form?
One of the members in this forum raised question about question 10 of I-134--that asked whether u have submitted immigration visa petition for someone. I asked my lawyer and was told that the answer is none .What answer did u put? ( my wife is dependent beneficiary- and mine is employment based)?
thanks in advance.

sudmoni,
If you go to USCIS website(forms download), it mentions that it'll accept this form and some of the earlier version as well(It's revison no. is 2/28..something which expires on 4/30/2007)...so the answer to your question is yes...4/30/2007 is the most recent and is good....
About the other question....your lawyer is correct. That question is not for the current dependent on your file...so none is the right answer..

Laborcleared,

Please look up cptracker.com for the timeline. I am forgetting the exact dates. NVC is very efficient and they update the phone system in a timely manner till your case is sent to the consulate. Expect to get called for the interview within five months from the date of 140 approval. Hope this helps.