Successful CP at Mumbai

philly

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I and my wife successfully completed CP in the last month at Mumbai.

The following are the salient points to be noted.

1) Medicals at Lilavati. It is better to take appointments for medical as early as possible since the dates fill up quickly. We reached the hospital around 7:30 pm and the medicals got over by 12:30 pm. The reports are delivered around 4:00 pm.

2) Photos were done at My own studio and Demand Drafts were made at SBI.

3) On the day of interview, first we paid application fees. Then, we were called for document collection. Sailing permit, police clearance certificates were not asked. The interview was taken by an American officer who asked only two questions.
   - Which company you work for ?
   - Where is it located?

We were asked to pay the fees and collect the visas at 4:00 pm

4) At POE, fingerprints were taken and the passports were stamped.

Many thanks to Mr. Rajiv Khanna and his team for maintaining this website. Many thanks also to contributors to this website for providing reliable, timely and accurate information.

Regards.

Philly

Congrats !

Well you just squeeked through. Jan onwards people are going crazy with this PCC mess. All the best.

Congrats!!!

Wish you and your family all the best for post GC life.

One question:
How did you get bank draft? Do I need to carry cash for that? How long it takes?

ap2001

Bank Draft

I made bank draft at SBI. It takes less than 1 hour. You can either
pay cash or pay through bank account if you have one in the branch.

philly: Question about PCC...

There\'s a rumor floating around that Police Clearance Certificate is now required for all Jan CPers who have lived in India/US only. Is this true? Practically, I don\'t think it\'s true but a lot of them have been frantically calling the Consulates (Mumbai/Delhi/Chennai)and getting mixed replies. Did you happen to see any such notice posted near the information window at the Consulate? Did they ask you any questions concerning PCC?
Thanks.

POE Expereience

At POE, Phialdelphia, there was no problem. We were told to
wait in a room. And, then one officer called us to take fingerprint
and to sign a form. Our passports were stamped. That\'s it.

About PCC, I was not asked PCC since I stayed in India and USA only.
I didn\'t see any notice at that time.
I would suggest you to e-mail them about this and also call them
over the phone.

philly: How long did the whole process take at the POE...

I\'m asking this \'cos I have a 10 month-old son who gets restless rather soon. I\'m expecting a Jan interview. Maybe I\'ll call them in a day or two to find out my interview date. Our POE will also be Philadelphia.

No Title

My H1 validity expired and I got extension also in hand ...now when I go for CP . after they give packet which needs to be delivered in US POE..Will this will be sufficient for reconfirmation of airline ticket back to US..because most of the time airlines are checking for valid visa for reconfirmation of tickets to fly to US...

How this is going to work.

POE

The whole process at POE took about 45 minutes.

The IV packet delivered by the consulate is considered as visa
by airline staff