Successful CP at Mumbai on Jan 28th, 2002

postgc

Hi All
Got my IV issued at Mumbai on Jan 28th. No issues at all. They DID NOT insist for PCC. Just got back to US, Port Of Entry - Boston. More details later.
thanks

No Title

congrats ...
PCC is a must from Feb 1st onwards tho.

PCC from CGNY or RPO is adequate .

No Title

Date of Interview: Jan 28th
Medical Appointment: Jan 23rd
Hospital: Leelavathi
Reported at 7:30 AM as were told when they gave the appointment and no body showed up. Its better to go at 8:00 AM. It went smoothly and I wud suggest people to prefer Leelavathi. The guy at the hospital(Manish) who deals with us regarding reports etc., was very friendly though the doctor seemed little tough(When the doctor was doing my physical, someone from US called for an appointment and the doctor picked up the phone and told the guy that “he is sweeper in the hospital and told to call back later”). Reports are given on the same day at 3:45 PM(they said 4 PM).

Photos: I just went to My Photo Studio based on the input from previous postings. Its either a 1-day or 2-days service. Can’t be faster than 1 day(1 hour etc., don’t happen there). I’ve taken 4 copies though 3 are enough and I’m too happy I did that. I wud suggest people take 5 copies. Let me tell you why. My date of birth is 3rd November and when the consulate sent the appointment letter they swapped day & month(same mistake for my wife too) and printed March 11th. I told the person who collected the documents and she said, when the visa is issued, they print date of birth according to the passport and when we collected the visa in the evening, the date of birth was wrong and to correct that, I needed to give another picture and wait another day. So, I wud suggest taking 5 copies of your picture instead of 4 or 3 to be safe rather sorry.

Interview:
We went to the consulate 45 mins before the appointment. Asked a guard and he told us we need to take “Raj Travels bus” to go into the consulate(we asked him two times that it is for Immigrant Visa not for Non-Immirgrant Visa) and we went to Raj Travels and he told us its for non-immigrant visas and we told him the security guard told otherwise and that guy obliged us to provide a ride to consulate J. Actually they will directly let IV interview people in. We asked the wrong guy.

Part I(Documents Collection):
There were 3 counters collecting the documents. We’re called after 2 hours past the appointment time. The lady was friendly(other 2 people seemed to be slightly tough as were told by other people who interacted with’em). The order of documents is slightly different from what is mentioned in Packet 4. The order and the documents asked for primary applicant are:

(1) Passport and photos and medicals
(2) DS 230 Part I&II
We have sent OF-230 Part I in Packet 3 and we were sent DS230 Part I & Part II forms in packet 4. Write Indian Local Address for item# 13 in DS 230 Part I.
(3) PCC
We’re asked to give PCC if we’ve one and we gave the PCC we got from Indian Consulate in NY.
(4) Birth Certificate
Gave a copy and was asked to give original. I gave original and it was returned after verification.
(5) Marriage Certificate
Gave a copy and was asked to give original. I gave original which was returned after verification.
(6) Employment Letter – gave the original notarized letter
(7) Original H1B approval
Asked if the visa is still valid, I told no and was asked to submit original H1B approval which was later returned by the consular officer after the interview.
(8) Asked to sign photo
(9) Signed letter saying “I will surrender IV if else but ….”

Documents and the order that were asked for Secondary Applicant:
(1) Passport and photos and medicals
(2) DS230 Part I&II
(3) PCC
(4) Birth Certificate
My wife has Non-Availability + 2 Affidavits. She was asked for original SSC Certificate since this happened to be non-availability and a copy of SSC Certificate. The original was returned after verification.
(5) Marriage Certificate – Copy since original was already verified during my documents verification.
(6) Origianal H4
Asked if the visa is still valid, and was asked to submit original H4B approval which was later returned by the consular officer after the interview.
(7) Asked to sign photos
SHE DID NOT ASK FOR I-134 WHICH IS A REQUIRED DOCUMENT. I mentioned that she has not taken I-134 and she told me its not required. BUT I WUD NOT SUGGEST TO PEOPLE NOT TO TAKE I-134. THIS IS A REQUIRED DOCUMENT. I WAS SURPRISED AT NOT TAKING I-134 AND I WAS LATER TOLD BY OTHER PEOPLE THAT IF THE SALARY IS HIGH J THEY MAY NOT ASK FOR I-134.
I’ve taken a whole lot of other documents and NONE OF THEM WERE ASKED.

Part II(Actual Interview):
We were asked to take oath and after that it took only couple of minutes. The officer was very friendly and smiling. He was looking at the computer for details while asking the questions. And the questions asked were
(1) Who is the primary beneficiary?
(2) Who is sponsoring your petition?
(3) How long have you been working there?
(4) What do you do at your work?
(5) Who will buy your software?
(6) Where do u live in US?
(7) Do you like the weather?
And all answers were either one word or one sentence.