Successful CP at Mumbai 1/22

MJ1

Registered Users (C)
We had CP success in Mumbai on Jan 22.
Process was as mentioned before. Points to note:
1. PCC was not asked for.
2. Our appointment was at 9:30am but we were let in at 8:30am.
3. We paid fees by DD at 9:00 am.
4. Document collection took place at 10:00 am.
5. Hand-filled OF230 Pt I and II, Marriage Certificate copy , Birth Certificate copy, Employment letter original, IRS9003 were collected for me and the same documnets and the I-134 form was collected for my wife. In addition, we submitted passport and photographs. Also, copy of latest H1 approval notices were collected for both. No financial documents were asked for.
6. Waited till 10:45 am to be called. Went in, took the oath that documents were not forged.
7. Asked me the following questions:
Where do you work? How long? What do you do? Where do you live?
We were out in a minute. Wife was asked if she was ever on H4 as she was on H1. No documents related to her job were collected.
Overall process was very cool. PCC was not asked for and there were no hiccups.
I have a question for POE which I am posting as a separate discussion.
Many thanks to all who make this forum successful with their valuable input.
MJ1

sgurjar

I am not sure if they receive USD in cash.
I did not see any postings or sign to that effect.
Best thing to do is get DDs. You should get them from a nationalized or foreign bank.
DDs from co-operative banks are not acceptable.
MJ1

Congrats...

I just submitted my posting wondering where all Jan Mumbai CPers are? good to hear your success story. i have an interview 1 month from now and so i am getting ready myself.

Hi MJ1

Did you had to wait in the line in front of the Mumbai Consulate?
What time did u go to the consulate? I know for Multiple Enter H1 we had to wait in a huge line before that why i was curious. Please give details.

Thanks.

Always CP

No, we did not have to wait in line.
There is a separate entrance for immigrant visa applicants and they let you right in.
Also all EB applicants were successful. I did not hear any horror stories.
Good luck
MJ1