Successful CP at Chennai on Feb 26

Ind_img

Registered Users (C)
Hello all
Glad to inform that we had a successful CP on Chennai on Feb 26. No questions asked. Smooth process. We were the first ones to be called. Were out by 10:00 AM. We were initially under the impression that we have to return the same day to collect the Passport etc and the next day, BlueDart will deliver the whole immigrant visa package. But that was not correct. No need to come in the evening.EVerything is sent via BlueDart the next day. Date of Entry was March 13,2002. Waiting for the plastic card. Will hang around for a while, to answer any questions.

Thanks
Sujatha(Ind_img)

Congrats Sujatha!!!

Good luck in your Post GC. I have my interview on April 19th and I am from Hyderabad. Can you suggest some good places to stay at Chennai?

Thanks

Hotel info

Hi Can you please give me some feed back on the Hotel you stayed. I have my interview on April\'19th and I have no clue where to stay?? How much do they charge..etc.,

Police certificate requirement in CP after Sept11

Hi,
I heard that one needs to produce two police certificates for CP in india. It is true?
Please tell how to get those? Can a person get those certificates in advance..I mean while he is in US?

please reply ASAP.

thanks,
ashish

Ashish, you just need to get one PCC from your nearest Indian Consulate.

I hope the following extract helps you:

INDIAN POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE OBTAINED AS FOLLOWS:

-- All Indian IV applicants age 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local passport office. Applicants whose Indian passport was issued within the past six months may present just the passport office police certificate, and need not obtain additional police clearances.
-- applicants over age 16 whose passports were issued more than six months previous to visa application must also obtain a police clearance from the district police office serving the applicant’s place of residence.
-- Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.
-- Non-Indian Iv Applicants Residing In India Should Obtain Police Certificates From The District Police Station Serving Their Area Of Residence.
-- Indian Police Certificates Are Not Available For Foreign (Non-Indian) Applicants Applying Outside India.

Congrats Sujatha!

DOE JFK 02/25 Plastic Cards on 03/11.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts during the "wait"

1 certificate but from where ???

i think the line in the extract that applies to green card applicants in USA on h1-B is line #2.
is line #3 applicable in this case ?? since we are applying for the Visa in India ???

Congrats GCDespo!!!

the consulate has hold back couple of documents - my pay stub and bank statements and they have not returned it to me. Is this normal?
Did they take any docs of yours???
Pls lemme know.
Thanks

How recent should the Police Certificate

How recent should be the Police Certificate? 2 months before the date of interview?

Line # 2 is for H1b applied GC thru Consulate Processing.

Is LIne #2 in the extract is for Counsulate processing applicants? is that correct.

thanks,

Hi all - Sorry for the delayed reply

Hi all
1. PCC - just 1 is required. Shd be taken from the nearest Indian Embassy in the U.S. Takes roughly about 45 days to get one. If your passport was issued by the Indian Embassy in U.S this time is considerably shorter. So i would advise that you apply well in advance. I dont think 2 months old PCC will be a problem. Not sure though, about how old it can really be.
2. Hotels - Sorry i come from Chennai. Did not stay in hotels.
3. Vaccinations - Just MMR was given by Dr.V to my husband. Since i am pregnant everything (X-ray ,vaccines ) were waived for me. No problems at the consulate due to this.
4. Documents - I carried copies of everything. So originals of paystub and bank statements were returned to me. Nothing was retained.

Good luck to all. CP rocks and is a cool process as long as the docs are in order.

Waiting for the Plastic cards.
Tx
Sujatha