Successful CP at Chennai-19th December - Chakri

chakri1972

Registered Users (C)
First of all I would like to thank God and every body in this forum.
Its was really a smooth and cool one, if you have all your documents and you are in valid status all the time.

Medicals:
17th and 18th December.

Interview:
19th December.

Port of Entry POE:
26th December.

Medicals:
17th December:

We arrived in Chennai on 17th December Morning. Went to Lister Laboratory at 9 AM from the Hotel by Auto. It almost took 2 hours to complete the whole process, as there were many candidates. Took the sealed packet at 5 PM and went back to Hotel.

18th December:
Next day on 18th December at 10:30 AM went to Dr. N. Vijaya laxmi. We waited in the reception for about 15-20 minutes. She called us in around 11 AM. She took the sealed packet from the lister lab. She completed the paper work needed and asked us to Sign the papers. She opened the sealed packet and checked our X-rays given by Lister Lab and said everything is fine with the report. She gave MMR and Chicken pox vaccine for both of us. We paid the fee and took our report in an unsealed envelope. She is very a nice lady. I would advice future C’pers to go there.
Note: Please take an extra Passport size photo for the medical report. We forgot to take one, but she obliged and asked us to paste it before going to interview.

Interview:
19th December:

We arrived at consulate at 7:45 AM. As I was carrying a transparent backpack and my wife was carrying a little big purse the security guard did not allow us to enter with those bags. We had to drop those bags with the locker lady for Rs.50.00. Luckily we were carrying a Pantaloons shopping bag. We dumped all our documents in it and went back to the gate. The security guard checked the bag. We did not have the interview letter. We showed them the printout from the web site. They accepted it and let us in.

We were directed to the tent and after 10 minutes a person came out and asked us to stand for the oath. Later another person came out and read the order in which we have to arrange the documents. Looks like the order of the documents has changed a little bit. We had to rearrange the documents.

In batches of 4-5, they let us in to submit the documents. We went to the counter 7 and handed over our documents and passports and paid the application fee and went out back under the tent. After 15 minutes they started calling out the names, we were 5th to be called.

Main Interview:
The officer first processed my documents. He was really nice and jovial. He asked us to give the filed tax return papers not the W2 for the year 2000. And asked how many years of experience I had and the company details for which I am working and my Education.
Next he took my wife’s documents; she did not have her birth certificate issued by Municipal Corporation. She had the Affidavit of Birth; the officer asked her to produce copy the 10th class certificate. As her H4 stamp on the passport expired; he asked to produce the H4 extension papers. As my wife is working we produced her H1 visa instead and he accepted it and asked us to give the completed blue dart address sheet and the demand draft for Rs. 350.00. (Note: Rs.300.00 for one person and 350.00 for two people). He stapled all the documents and asked us to pay the Issuance fee. We paid the Issuance fee and went back to the hotel, dropped our bags and went for a long, relaxing beach walk at Marina. It was really a wonderful relaxation for us.

Next day we collected the documents at our friends place around 11.30 am and we checked everything for accuracy.

Port of Entry (POE):
26th December, San Francisco. There were only 5 new immigrants in line. The officer took our finger prints and asked us to wait in the line. The immigration officer called us and checked my documents first and asked which company I am working for. I answered him. Next, he took my wife’s document and asked her how long we were married. He stamped our

Congratulations!!!

Wow that was somooth!
You said you picked the docs from your friends place, did you give a local(Chennai) address for blue dart? Please let us know.
Thanks.

Can you let us know ....

You have mentioned there was a change in order of the documents. Can you post us the change....

Chakri1972, could you please....

let me know you contact information? My POE was also San Francisco. DOE is Dec 29th. I was wondering if I could stay in touch regarding the receipt of plastic cards.

Thank you.

Sorry, I donot remember the order

it was too hectic and we did not write it down. But do not worry you will get enough time to rearrange.