Successful CP and entry at POE (JFK)

GCVoyager

Registered Users (C)
Hi I had already posted my cp exp in diff thread at

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=57640

Here's experience at POE (JFK) on 3rd Sep.
Entered USA at NY-JFK no problems at all. Stood in line for non-resident. Custom officer collected sealed pkt given by consulate.
Stamped my passport (very ordinary looking stamp) and wrote my A# on it. A# is also mentioned on the sealed pckt.
then she directed me to a room - took my signature and print of index finger on a form and was out on my way in five minutes.
But in all excitement and long flight and all I just did not (or forgot to) see details on the form that I signed. I am hoping it was filled out correctly by the officer. He said i'll get my card in mail.

The whole CP process was unbelievably simple and smooth. All the best to all future CPers.

Hi,
Congrats for your CP.

Do you remember the format of affidevit that you have signed in the consulate (affidevit that you will tell consulate about any job change)?

If yes, please reply this mail.

Did they tell you how you will tell them..writing a letter, or phone or something else.

thanks,
ashishg

Re: How much time it took?

How much time all together it took at JFK, say from the time you landed to clear immigration/customs?

My POE is JFK as well. I have connecting flight to catch with stopover time at JFK exactly 2 hour.. BOM--Paris-JFK reaching @ 12:50pm and JFK-ATL leaving @ 2:50pm... Wondering whether it is sufficient or not?

Originally posted by tapasvi
Hi I had already posted my cp exp in diff thread at

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=57640

Here's experience at POE (JFK) on 3rd Sep.
Entered USA at NY-JFK no problems at all. Stood in line for non-resident. Custom officer collected sealed pkt given by consulate.
Stamped my passport (very ordinary looking stamp) and wrote my A# on it. A# is also mentioned on the sealed pckt.
then she directed me to a room - took my signature and print of index finger on a form and was out on my way in five minutes.
But in all excitement and long flight and all I just did not (or forgot to) see details on the form that I signed. I am hoping it was filled out correctly by the officer. He said i'll get my card in mail.

The whole CP process was unbelievably simple and smooth. All the best to all future CPers.

Indian Airport Officials

Normally, when we leave India, the folks at the counter who stamp the passport check that a valid visa is present for the destination country (I think!!).
Post CP, all the visa stamps for U.S would be Cancelled with out prejudice. Will the packet be sufficient for for the officials at the airport.
Can u give us an idea of what is written on top of the packet etc?

Thanks

Re: Re: Successful CP and entry at POE (JFK)

it was just a paragraph printed on a paper with my name at the bottom. did seem to resemble any standard forms.
No it did not say how you should notify.

Originally posted by AshishG
Hi,
Congrats for your CP.

Do you remember the format of affidevit that you have signed in the consulate (affidevit that you will tell consulate about any job change)?

If yes, please reply this mail.

Did they tell you how you will tell them..writing a letter, or phone or something else.

thanks,
ashishg

Re: Indian Airport Officials

Yes, packet is sufficient. officers at indian airports and POEs know it very well. It has a visible page stuck on it (actually stapled) with your singed photo, your passport number, A# validity, etc.

Originally posted by GC_BMBOO
Normally, when we leave India, the folks at the counter who stamp the passport check that a valid visa is present for the destination country (I think!!).
Post CP, all the visa stamps for U.S would be Cancelled with out prejudice. Will the packet be sufficient for for the officials at the airport.
Can u give us an idea of what is written on top of the packet etc?

Thanks

Re: Re: How much time it took?

I think i too came by same flight (DL119 or AFxxx - both are same flights). At that time quite a few international flights arrive at that terminal. I found it crowded. it must hv taken at least 35 to 45 minites to clear immigration process, check out luggage and check in again for connecting flight. You might hv to speed up.

Originally posted by gkothari
How much time all together it took at JFK, say from the time you landed to clear immigration/customs?

My POE is JFK as well. I have connecting flight to catch with stopover time at JFK exactly 2 hour.. BOM--Paris-JFK reaching @ 12:50pm and JFK-ATL leaving @ 2:50pm... Wondering whether it is sufficient or not?

Re: Re: Re: Successful CP and entry at POE (JFK)

Hi,
thanks for the reply.

I wanted to know the content of the affidevit or letter. Please tell me if you know.

thanks,
ashishg

Originally posted by tapasvi
it was just a paragraph printed on a paper with my name at the bottom. did seem to resemble any standard forms.
No it did not say how you should notify.

what are the forms filled at POE ??

Hi Tapasvi,
Could you let me know what are all the forms u had filled at u r POE.? Just anxious to know if there are any typical questions in any of those?? have u found any ?

Also at Chennai is there any other form in addition to DS230 part two that u filled ?

Thanks.

what are the forms filled at POE ??

Hi Tapasvi,
Could you let me know what are all the forms u had filled at u r POE.? Just anxious to know if there are any typical questions in any of those?? have u found any ?

Also at Chennai is there any other form in addition to DS230 part two that u filled ?

Thanks.

Re: what are the forms filled at POE ??

Filled out just one customs form for returning residents. There was one other form that they took my signature and finger print on it but I did not fill it out. (May be) they were gonna do it.

Originally posted by cpgc_2002
Hi Tapasvi,

Thanks.

Hello Tapasvi!!

Congratulations!! I read some where that you ar e saying about the spouse last name changes. I am leaving to India in another 2 weeks, and I filed the DS-230 part I with my last name. In that case do I have to change the passport? I have only one proof i.e. marriage cert. Do you thing think that is enough or I have change the last name on passport?

Thanks,
gogo_gc

They will go by the name in the passport

They will go by the name in the passport. So even if you put your lastname in the application, they will still go with the lastname in your spouse's passport. In my case I changed the name in the passport. They overlooked that fact and issued the visa on my wife's maiden name.