Successful Consular processing/ Some queries too.

ajpm

I got my consular processing done successfully from New Delhi consulate. Just general questions asked like how many years have you bee working for this company? How did you find out this company ? What do you do there?
The interview lasted less than 10 minutes.

They have cancelled my H1 and my wifes H4 and they have given a packet which is open at the corner but sealed. Also nothing has been stamped in my passport rather they have given me a paper attached to the packet which says immigrant visa.
1. If someone could confirm me this is the way they do it and they really do not mark anything on the passport.

2.Also I will be flying thru Amsterdam thru KLM/NWA do I need to take some special visa for Holland or that immigrant visa paper will work fine.
3. Apart from that packet do I need to carry any other document with me when I enter USA ?

I will write more in detail once I come back to USA somtime end of Jan.

I really appreciate the help that everyone provided to me in getting it thru and special thanks to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for making this wonderful site.

They have cancelled my H1 and my wifes H4 and they have given a packet which is open at the corner but sealed. Also nothing has been stamped in my passport rather they have given me a paper attached to the packet which says immigrant visa.
1. If someone could confirm me this is the way they do it and they really do not mark anything on the passport.
The paper attached to the outside of the packet(it has your photo on it) is the immigrant visa. There is nothing marked on your passport. Once you are admitted at a US port of entry your passport gets stamped with a temporary I-551 stamp which serves as your temporary green card until you receive the actual card.

2.Also I will be flying thru Amsterdam thru KLM/NWA do I need to take some special visa for Holland or that immigrant visa paper will work fine.
You do not need any other visa.

3. Apart from that packet do I need to carry any other document with me when I enter USA ?
Nothing else is really required, all the documents pertaining to your case is inside the immigrant visa packet.

Original documents during interview

Hi ajpm/others,
Do they keep any original document like birth certificate or marriage certificate (at embassy during Interview) and return it later may be at POE?

Did you collect the VISAS in person or these were mailed to you?

I have only 3 blank pages left in my passport. Could you tell me, How many total pages you need in passport to get the Journey complete from USA to India and back to USA with I-551 stamp on passport. I guess, One is good for Entry in India, second while departing India and 3rd to get the Temp GC on passport.

Anyone with any information reagrding these questions, please answer.

Thanks,

:)

cpnwd:

Do they keep any original document like birth certificate or marriage certificate (at embassy during Interview) and return it later may be at POE?
Answer: Normally they return all ORIGINAL documents except passport when they verify originals with photocopies. The only original you submit is your passport (which is returned in the evening when you collect your passport with immigrant visa packet), I-134 (not returned), PCC (not returned), employment letter notarized (not returned) ...rest of the documents you give to the indian lady / man at the consulate are photocopies (no need to notarize) which are verified against their originals.

Did you collect the VISAS in person or these were mailed to you?
Answer: Bbay and NWD immigrant visas are by default given in person unless you request them to be couriered for which you need to pay in advance.

I have only 3 blank pages left in my passport. Could you tell me, How many total pages you need in passport to get the Journey complete from USA to India and back to USA with I-551 stamp on passport. I guess, One is good for Entry in India, second while departing India and 3rd to get the Temp GC on passport.
Answer: 3 pages are more than enough but anyway i think it is time for you to apply for a new passport which takes less than 1 week to get from any indian consulates in usa. So if you have time now might as well do it or you can do after you get back.

Passport pages

Thanks kd1403,

I didn't apply for new passport before because my case was pending with NVC and attorney said that it is not a good idea at this point to send new information to NVC (case delay).
I was OK with it, but I am concerned now as everybody is talking about Transit visa to go to India. Transit visa would chew up one or two pages and then Indian IO at the Entry and exit would fill two more pages. So I might have no clean pages left to get the I-551 stamp (temp GC) in passport, unless Indian IO guy listens to my request to leave one page blank.

Do you see any problem if I don't apply for new passport now.

Thanks
:)