Successful Chennai CP interview (June 20)

kprajan

Registered Users (C)
Thanks to this great forum and the participants whose patience and unselfish attitude has made this final green card stage incredibly easy. I completed my interview without any problem and received the visa papers this morning.

The documents checklist and the procedures are exactly the same as recounted by others in the previous months. A brief summary of my experience:

Though the interview time was specified as 8 am, we waited until about 9.15 before one of the counters opened and we were asked to submit our documents. No questions, the person just received the docs and gave a blank slip to fill in the details for the courier. The docs were in the same order as requested per Pkt 4 plus PCC (I gave only the PCC from CGNY). Those yet to pay the $260 fee were asked to do so at the cash counter.

The wait period was at least an hour before they started calling the individual applicants. No system in calling the applicants - it was quite random. No questions were asked if the docs are in order. Only request was for a copy of the most recent pay-stub (note that this is not specified in the Pkt 4). The person at the counter took the courier fee of Rs.300 and asked us to pay the visa application fee ($65) at the cash counter.

Blue Dart courier service delivered the documents at 11 am the next day.

Note: if you are planning to take the MMR vaccine, then please be aware that one of the PROBABLE side-effects of the vaccine is a fever on the second day after taking the vaccine. I was in bed for a day and a half with a fever and realized that I was lucky not to have the interview scheduled until four/five days after the vaccine shot.

Thanks again for this forum. Please continue the good work. Good luck to everyone.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will be logging in every other day.

Congratulations kprajan.

Thanks for posting your experience on board. Those who were worried about PCC now can take deep/free breath.

Enjoy your freedom!!!!

HI RAJAN, PLEASE.......

HI, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT dev28@yahoo.com i had been so desperatley looking for someone who could give their generous tips to proceed applying FOR I140 with madras as the designated consulate. Could you please contact me. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO INFACT CALL U IMMEDIATELY BY PHONE SO THAT YOU WON\'T WASTE YOUR TIME. PLEASE HELP US OUT.