• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful Caribbean CP!

islandgirl

Registered Users (C)
My husband (the principal applicant) and I just completed our interview about two hours ago.

Our appointment was for today November 1st at 7:30am. We arrived at the embassy at about 7:10 and met a long line. The embassy guard was announcing to the crowd that they no longer keep cell phones and you have to leave them in your car or deposit them at a photo studio around the corner, the studio charges $12.00TT to keep the phones. Can you imagine that? Anything to make a dollar.

We approached the guard and told him we had an appointment for 7:30 and he allowed us into the embassy (along with other folks who also had 7:30 appointments, most of whom were for visitor visas and some immigrant visas). Upon entering we gave the letter from the second package to the receptionist and we were given a sheet indicating the order to arrange our documents and told to take a seat.

The interview room is separate from the waiting area so we could not see or hear what was going on in that room (except for window 1, which we could see through the door from the seating area). We were called to window 3 at some minutes after 9:00am and there handed over the required documents. Apart from our sponsors documents, we also handed over our bank statements, deed, etc. but the lady gave them back and said they were not necessary. She checked through the documents and verified the dates of our previous travels to the US. We were then told to pay at the cashier (the entire US$1,510.00) and then wash our hands and return for finger printing, which we did. After this, she told us to take a seat and wait to be called by a visa officer.

We were called to window 4 at about 10:45am. The officer was very friendly, he greeted us, asked our names and then asked us to swear that the info on the forms submitted for the application were true. We did that then he verified our finger prints (one index finger only). He proceded to ask my husband the following questions (I was not asked to take a seat, we were both at the window the entire time)

Q. Do you have any evidence of your qualifications in the area of computer systems engineering? (the lady at window three only asked for the high school evidence)
A. Yes (handed over his qualifications)
Q. What do you do at work?
A. Blah, blah, blah
Q. What is the difference between Microsoft and Macintosh platform in terms of networking (this based on the answer to the previous question)
A. Blah, blah, blah
Q. Does MAC have a new version coming out soon? Will that be easier to configure?
A. Blah, blah, blah
Q. Do you have evidence of your ability to support yourselves? Your own funds?
A. Yes (handed over some statements, he took a couple and said he did not need to see all)
Q. Do you plan on staying with relatives?
A. Initially, but after a short while we plan on being on our own
Q. What state you plan to stay in?
A. Blah
Questions to me
Q. Do you work?
A. Yes
Q. What do you do?
A. I am a___ with a ____ company
Q. And how long have you been doing that?
A. X years
Q. When do you guys plan on travelling?
A. Jan/Feb

Officer: Please review these forms (the ones returned to KCC) and sign if the information is correct.

Officer: Okay, I will have to canel your current visa because you can't have two visas in your passport (said this with a smile). He then cancelled the old visas and gave us a letter with info on when to return to collect the new visas. He then said said 'congratulations' with a big smile.

The interview itself was very easy and the officer made us feel quite at ease. The hardest part was the waiting, we were nervous at times, especially when we saw a couple persons coming out of the interview room looking dejected (not sure if they were for DV or other forms of immgrant visas). At one point medics came and carried away a young girl (in her twenties) who collapsed and seemed to be having difficulty breathing. She was waiting on the side for visitors visas.

I have to thank God for all his mercies toward us. Special thanks also to all the folks on this forum who continue to provide such valuable info and advice to everyone, it makes a world of difference in helping one to prepare.

administrative processing

Congratulations islandgirl!
I am happy your interview was successful.
let me ask you a question, did they say when you can pickup your new visa?
in other words, how long is the administrative processing if any?
Thanks and congrats

Nacho.

Dear islandgirl
It is great, congratulations to you and your husband..!
I wish all the best for you in the US.
Kindest

My husband (the principal applicant) and I just completed our interview about two hours ago.

Our appointment was for today November 1st at 7:30am. We arrived at the embassy at about 7:10 and met a long line. The embassy guard was announcing to the crowd that they no longer keep cell phones and you have to leave them in your car or deposit them at a photo studio around the corner, the studio charges $12.00TT to keep the phones. Can you imagine that? Anything to make a dollar.

We approached the guard and told him we had an appointment for 7:30 and he allowed us into the embassy (along with other folks who also had 7:30 appointments, most of whom were for visitor visas and some immigrant visas). Upon entering we gave the letter from the second package to the receptionist and we were given a sheet indicating the order to arrange our documents and told to take a seat.

The interview room is separate from the waiting area so we could not see or hear what was going on in that room (except for window 1, which we could see through the door from the seating area). We were called to window 3 at some minutes after 9:00am and there handed over the required documents. Apart from our sponsors documents, we also handed over our bank statements, deed, etc. but the lady gave them back and said they were not necessary. She checked through the documents and verified the dates of our previous travels to the US. We were then told to pay at the cashier (the entire US$1,510.00) and then wash our hands and return for finger printing, which we did. After this, she told us to take a seat and wait to be called by a visa officer.

We were called to window 4 at about 10:45am. The officer was very friendly, he greeted us, asked our names and then asked us to swear that the info on the forms submitted for the application were true. We did that then he verified our finger prints (one index finger only). He proceded to ask my husband the following questions (I was not asked to take a seat, we were both at the window the entire time)

Q. Do you have any evidence of your qualifications in the area of computer systems engineering? (the lady at window three only asked for the high school evidence)
A. Yes (handed over his qualifications)
Q. What do you do at work?
A. Blah, blah, blah
Q. What is the difference between Microsoft and Macintosh platform in terms of networking (this based on the answer to the previous question)
A. Blah, blah, blah
Q. Does MAC have a new version coming out soon? Will that be easier to configure?
A. Blah, blah, blah
Q. Do you have evidence of your ability to support yourselves? Your own funds?
A. Yes (handed over some statements, he took a couple and said he did not need to see all)
Q. Do you plan on staying with relatives?
A. Initially, but after a short while we plan on being on our own
Q. What state you plan to stay in?
A. Blah
Questions to me
Q. Do you work?
A. Yes
Q. What do you do?
A. I am a___ with a ____ company
Q. And how long have you been doing that?
A. X years
Q. When do you guys plan on travelling?
A. Jan/Feb

Officer: Please review these forms (the ones returned to KCC) and sign if the information is correct.

Officer: Okay, I will have to canel your current visa because you can't have two visas in your passport (said this with a smile). He then cancelled the old visas and gave us a letter with info on when to return to collect the new visas. He then said said 'congratulations' with a big smile.

The interview itself was very easy and the officer made us feel quite at ease. The hardest part was the waiting, we were nervous at times, especially when we saw a couple persons coming out of the interview room looking dejected (not sure if they were for DV or other forms of immgrant visas). At one point medics came and carried away a young girl (in her twenties) who collapsed and seemed to be having difficulty breathing. She was waiting on the side for visitors visas.

I have to thank God for all his mercies toward us. Special thanks also to all the folks on this forum who continue to provide such valuable info and advice to everyone, it makes a world of difference in helping one to prepare.

CONGRATULATIONS:)

Super!! Thanks a lot for the valuable information provided.

Good luck in everything... we are waiting for our interview...

Islandgirl; said:

I can’t believe you have had your interview! Its great to see things moving on so much. I am glad to hear that it all went well! Don’t forget to let us know when you get your physical stamped visas! I am over the moon for you, you absolutely deserve it. Congrats and well done! :)

Thank you all

Thank you everyone. I am so happy that the interview is finally over.

@ Nacho2008, we do not have to go through administrative processing. We are to collect our visas next week.

A few observations:

At our embassy we did not have to take numbers, you just hand over your letter to the receptionist and eventually your name is called.

The lady who went through our documents at window 3 told me that since I had four names (first last and two middle names) they may not all be placed on the visa, she said they only put what can fit.

The lady at window 3 noted that my husband filled in his mother's first name as x but on his birth certificate her first name is different. Thankfully we walked with his mom's affidavit showing where she added another name which was now her first name (they kept a copy of that).

When the interviewing officer asked us to confirm our fingerprints (index finger only), I think that was to match against the fingerprints they had on file from our previous visits to the US.

When the interviewing officer asked us about evidence of having our own funds, I think that was because on the I-134 form our sponsors (husband and wife) indicated that they intend to support us by providing room and board for nine months. He probably wanted evidence that we could support ourself financially, since our sponsors didn't indicate that they would provide financial support as well.

My advice to all is the same as most people have been saying. Just be sure to have all your documents prepared properly, do not lie or use false documents and all should be well.

The officer was friendly and even made a couple of jokes during the interview, at the same time you got the idea that his questions were designed to ensure you did not lie about the information you provided.

Thank you again to everyone and all the best to those who are yet to be interviewed.

congrats

Congratulations Islandgirl. SO happy that everything went well. We had a succesful interview as well on the same day in barbados.

All the best for the future.

Congratulations Islandgirl. SO happy that everything went well. We had a succesful interview as well on the same day in barbados.

All the best for the future.

Thank you Super nova. I was looking forward to hearing your good news. I wish you all the best as well and congratulations on your successful interview.

Thanks Islandgirl.

It was great meeting another West Indian on this forum. How long did they say it would take for you to get your passports back ???? Ours is supposed to take 7 business days.