Successful AC-140 AT NWD and POE at Houston

deepshikha

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview at NWD on 4th Oct and it went without a hitch. I did medical at Dr. Jain and got the medical report the same day.
During interview only 3-questions were asked:
1. How long you worked for the company?
2. Are you working in the same field as your graduation?
3. Place of marriage.

I entered through Houston on 12th oct. Counter number for new immigrants at Houston POE is #32. It took approx. 45-minutes to clear the immigration as there were 4-people ahead of me.

If there are any questions, please post here.

Thanks
Deepak

Hi Deepshika,

Thanks for your post. Can you also post the list of documents asked. E>g did they ask for local PCC, pay stubs, bank stmts. etc.

Documents asked:

1. DS 230 part I & II
2. PCC from Houston consulate only
3. Marriage certificate. I had marriage photo but was not asked for it.
4. Was asked for Income tax return. I submitted only the IRS transcripts. Was not asked for W-2, pay stubs, bank statements.
5. Notarized employement letter.

At seems that NWD runs out of immigrant visa very often. My interview was on 4th Oct. When I went to collect at 5 PM on 4th, I was told that they are out of immigrant visa and was told to check back betwen 8th and 10th oct. I called on 8th and they were ready with my visa. I went NWD at 8:30 AM on 10th and was given the visa packet at 10:00 AM the same day. It might be a good idea to have atleast couple of days safety margin between interview date and return ticket for NWD.

Hi Deepak,

please tell which co. do you work for ?
would they give a hard time incase you work for a
consulting co. ?

Thanks.

appeal ....

there is no difference between a consulating co. and other companies ... all they are looking for is that u have a genuine Permanent Position offer from ur prospective US employer .... and u have the qualifications that are needed for that position ....

all this is verified at Labor, I-140 and then the CP Interview (Notarized Empl Letter) ....

waiting for the interview date

Our application packet reached Delhi on Aug 27th. More materials were sent by my lawyers on their request and we got a case no. allotted in first week of September.

We have not yet heard about the interview date. We contacted them by email, but were told that 'interview date has not been set up yet and that they will let us know when that happens'.

Any idea on how much time is it taking the Delhi embassy to set up the interview dates.

My category is E-1 (AC 140).

Thanks,

try website or calling

you should see if you got an interview date as here:
http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in1/wwwhint.html

Also try to get in touch with them on phone:
011-91-11-419-8062
011-91-11-419-8374

I think you will get your interview in December. NWD seems have started to go by case numbers when giving out Interview Dates... Just looking at the above websites, the higher case numbers are at the bottom. Oh well, looks like this is one place where having a fast application works against us =(

My case also nwd on aug 26th. 2 others also did. I got November, they got October...

Good luck.

Interview date for AC-140

for NWD, Interview date is approximately 90-days after a case number is assigned for AC-140 Case. I got my case # on July 2nd and interview was on 4th Oct, 02 (they had told me that by rule NWD takes 90-days between case # and interview date). You can call them every 2-weeks at 4198-062 between 10:30 AM and 12:00 PM Delhi time.

Thanks
Deepak

criteria for AC 140

Is there any criteria to apply for AC 140? i mean on which basis I can apply for AC 140?

As far as I know, you must have valid reason to apply for AC 140 (i.e. hardship). Is it true?

deepshikha,
can you please tell me since how many years you have been working at your company?

There is no "hardship" clause and nothing of the sort was asked of me. I had heard the same "Hardship" issue before I started AC-140 process.

In my I-140 application, I had indicated AOS and so I filed for I-824 to change from AOS to CP after I-140 Approval. For NWD and Bombay, you do not have to wait for I-824 approval. Once you get the I-824 receipt notice, you can send other documents with I-824 receipt to appropriate consulate/embassy.

I have worked for present employer for 4-1/2 years.

Note: I saw a posting in this newsgrup couple of days ago that mentioned that NWD have stopped accepting AC-140 case

Deepak