Successful 8th year H1B renewal at New Delhi

srsin

Registered Users (C)
I got h1 stampped at New Delhi. I did take the appointment using emergency appoitment.

srsin said:
I got h1 stampped at New Delhi. I did take the appointment using emergency appoitment.

How far out was the appointment date from the time you submitted all the details?

And can we use it by default if we are working in the US?

Hi

Hi Srsin,

Could you please provide some detail on your delhi visit? I'm going there on the 29th so would appreciate any color. Did they ask for a lot of docs (w2's, paystubs, tax returns, previous work exp letters etc.)? What time was your interview?

abbynyc said:
Hi Srsin,

Could you please provide some detail on your delhi visit? I'm going there on the 29th so would appreciate any color. Did they ask for a lot of docs (w2's, paystubs, tax returns, previous work exp letters etc.)? What time was your interview?
She asked me a few questions about position, languages, experience in that field and about company. She was entering that information in computer.
She did not ask me any thning not evening employment verification letter. Five minutes and thats it.
But take all the documents with you. Person working in US can take the emergency appoitment no additional proof is required.

Thanks srsin. One more question - I took an appointment by putting in the HDFC receipt no but did not get any appoitment letter from the consulate. Are we supposed to have any appoitment letter?

Thanks

abbynyc said:
Thanks srsin. One more question - I took an appointment by putting in the HDFC receipt no but did not get any appoitment letter from the consulate. Are we supposed to have any appoitment letter?

Thanks

You need to download the application forms 156,157 & appointment letter along with infomation PDF files from VFS and take the print outs. Embassy will not send the letter. Read the VFS site carefully.

srsin said:
Person working in US can take the emergency appoitment no additional proof is required.

Hi srsin,

At the time of...when we book the emergency appointment in VFS site, does the appointment date gets generated automatically (or) it'll list the available dates for the emergency appointments (or) can we select whichever working days we want ?. Please reply how you got it.

satgym73 said:
Hi srsin,

At the time of...when we book the emergency appointment in VFS site, does the appointment date gets generated automatically (or) it'll list the available dates for the emergency appointments (or) can we select whichever working days we want ?. Please reply how you got it.
yes, u need to select the date from available date. u need to fill up all the applications before and then it allows to select the date. so i suggest u fill the all the forms and you can exit saving it. next when you see the date which is good for you is available then you can just log in and select the date.

Originally Posted by srsin

I have appointment in delhi in August. Can you please help me with the following questions?

1. Can you please let me know what all documents you carried for the interview?
2. Is the consulate far from the Delhi airport? I am new to delhi.

Thanks
Bharat

bharat76 said:
I have appointment in delhi in August. Can you please help me with the following questions?

1. Can you please let me know what all documents you carried for the interview?
->yes, emply letters, w2s, paystubs etc. but vo did not even ask for single doc. take it all the docs with u.
2. Is the consulate far from the Delhi airport? I am new to delhi.
-> no. 30 mins in taxi. stay near bye hotel such as Karolbag area.

Thanks
Bharat