Success rate for INFOPASS on expedited EAD requests??

myredskins

Registered Users (C)
I am planning an INFOPASS so I can talk to an officer regarding fast tracking my EAD. Has anyone tried this in the past? If so what types of questions did you face? My main reasons for wanting it fast tracked is that I have a job waiting, and my health problems, so we need to be back on medical insurance, coz paying cash is not cheap.

Advice appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they would consider your job pending case as a reason to expedite your request. Not sure about the health situation-but if you're healthy enough to go to work-then it might not be considered a valid reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can rememeber, I had to wait at least 90 days, from application date, in order to make an infopass appointment.

How about for an AP (I-131) It will be 60 days from the RD... 4 days before my trip.

Can I schedule an infopass and get something?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can rememeber, I had to wait at least 90 days, from application date, in order to make an infopass appointment.

You make a good point.. I just want to get back to work. As for INFOPASS the honest truth is that there are no rules governing that thing. You can schedule one anytime you feel like talking to an immigration official. That's what all those fees you paid with your application are for.

I think I will suck it up, volunteer till I get authorized.

How about for an AP (I-131) It will be 60 days from the RD... 4 days before my trip.

Can I schedule an infopass and get something?

An infopass allows you to get your local DO to talk to you. I'd say go ahead and do it. At least you will get first hand info even if they can't help you really.

I read this from the NBC website:

Expedite Requests

What if I have an emergent need to travel?
If an applicant has an emergent need to travel and has already filed an I-131, Application for Advance Parole, with the NBC, the applicant or his/her representative should contact the local Field Office. The Field Office will consider the merits of the request and channel those requests that they determine to warrant expedited handling to designated points of contact at the NBC via an internal e-mail address. If an applicant has not yet filed an I-131 and needs an expedited Travel Document, the I-131 may be submitted in person for adjudication at the local Field Office. However, it is very important to note that expedited processing is done at the discretion of the Field Office, based upon the evidence provided by the applicant of the emergent situation.

http://149.101.23.2/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/faq.htm

Of course you can make an appointment at any time (lol-my fault). But if the purpose of your visit is to get the EAD card, then you will probably walk out just as you came in. It would be a good idea for you to affirm/disaffirm my blurr of a memory on whether or not they are going to say please return after XX days. I just know there is a time frame that you have to wait before they will tell you anything more than that. You can give them a call also.

I do remember waiting there for the entire day, and I do mean the entire day, but at the end the day, they processed the EAD card right there from the NYC office.

They also processed my AP (same day), but I had supporting documents to show that a family member was sick. It won't take long for them to process/deny. Give yourself enough time to go there and return in case you need to provide further documentation.

Should I make an infopass 1 week before my trip? or 10 days? 4 days does not seem like a good idea to me :p

Even if you are successful in your infopass request, they probably wont get it (i131) to you in 4, 7 or 10 days. So I'd say you might want to post pone your trip. Coz u know the risk of leaving, if you are not on some other valid visa (banishment of 3 or up t 10 yrs).

just edited my posting to state I got approval the same day. Well actually day 2- this is where the give yourself enough time to return comes in. I needed to return with a supporting document, but once I did, it was issued from the local office.

just edited my posting to state I got approval the same day. Well actually day 2- this is where the give yourself enough time to return comes in. I needed to return with a supporting document, but once I did, it was issued from the local office.

When did all this happen? I understand they changed procedures in the past months, and dont "usually" give out EAD's at DO offices.

Well, I am still 2 months away from the trip. I can only hope they approve that I-131 before I need to travel. I could reschedule easily (AA Platinum Member) but it defeats the purpose of the trip. :p

I am in a similar situation, same timeline as you and an international trip planned on 19th of Aug. What do you plan to do if you dont get the AP. Is there some way we can go to the DO in your city and ask for expedition of AP ? esp since its been over 90 days since we applied ?

I am in a similar situation, same timeline as you and an international trip planned on 19th of Aug. What do you plan to do if you dont get the AP. Is there some way we can go to the DO in your city and ask for expedition of AP ? esp since its been over 90 days since we applied ?

You can apply for an expedited AP, but not for AED. They told me that at the Do today.

THIS thread is helpful too. The basic point is that there is
(1) no fast tracking on EADs in most cases;
Although it helps to calm ur nerves to talk to your DO.