Succesful H1 & H4 Stamping in Ottawa

I-797C

Hi,

If anyone can help, that would be great.

I have I-797C, which is a courtesy copy of approval sent to my employer. The original form which contains I-94 was sent to my attorney and it is misplaced somehow. Now, all i have is i-797C.

Can i go to Chennai (or any other consulate) to get my visa stamped (H1B) with the above courtesy copy?

PS: The courtesy copy says "this may not be used in ieu of official notification to demonstrate the filing or processing action taken on this case".

Thanks

For satish

Satish,
You mentioned that you sent a fax before you went for visa stamping to get assurance that they wil stamp visa for you? Do you have the fax number?

Thanks
man123

H1B visa revalidation in Toronto, Canada

Hi,
I need your opinion for H1B revalidation in Toronto, Canada.

I am on H1B visa and already working for a new employer for 1 year based on an approved visa and pervous company's stamped visa which expired on 26 Th Dec 2003.

I am planning to get my H1B visa stamped from Toroto, Canada.
I also have a Canadian Immigration Visa stamped on my Passport and want to get Visa stamped in Toronto while I land in Canada for my Immigration. After landing in Canada I want to get by H1B visa stamped and return to USA within one week.

My question is, since I will have just enter Canada as Permanent Resident and would immediately want to get a H1B visa. Would that be a problem? Wouldnt The officer in American Embassy ask me that you just landed in Canada and you want to go back immediately? Could he reject me a H1B visa based on that?

Please let me know what you think?