Succesful Chennai CP Interview on April 19th!!!

trygc

Registered Users (C)
I thank GOD, my parents and my employer for successful completion of GC. My special thanks for my wife who arranged all the copies in the folders. My regards to Rvdlmn for giving helpful guidance personally in the last week.
I appreciate the help given by fellow Cpers and Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this forum.

I will summarize my experience in detail here:

· My Interview date was April 19th and reached Chennai on April 16th. Completed Lister on 16th and Medicals on 17th. There was a bank strike on 16th and took DD’s on 17th. Photographs at Camera Citi opposite Chola Sheraton. Stayed at Hotel Maris for the trip.
· Lister and Medicals are a breeze. Keep 2 passport photographs for each person. Also your appointment letter and passport are a must documents. Make sure that you are there at Lister before 10.30 am to collect the reports on the same evening. Lister reports are given only in the evening after 4.30 pm
· For medicals I went to Dr.Vijaya Lakshmi after collecting the sealed Lister report. She will give appointments on the fly if you call in advance. She is very helpful and I recommend her services for future Cpers. She accepts vaccinations given at USA. Dr V will give a medical report in open envelope if there are no problems.
· For DD call the consulate to find out the exchange rate before obtaining them. Do not go by Bank exchange rate which varies daily.
· Write your case number, name, on the back of DD’s and photographs. Take a DD for Bluedart for (250+ n*50) where n is the number of applicants. Sign on the front for 2 immigration photos and do not sign on the third.
· Interview: This is the most important and coolest part. Please arrange all the documents listed as per packet 4. Srifx/Gccal4 list is also helpful. The officer can rearrange the documents. Please take out all the documents and arrange them in original and copy format. If you require any originals back please put a copy for it. No questions were asked for me.
· Received passports at home address in Vizag on Monday by Bluedart. Keep a proof of identifcation for the receipt. Your relatives can also collect it. The delivery will be for home address or hotel address only. Make a copy of the immigrant visa without opening the sealed envelope. At the POE the envelope will be taken by Immigration officers.
· POE on 3rd May at IAD. Filled only customs form. Stood in the non-citizens line and the officer tore open the envelope and directed us to another room. The officer collected the documents and took finger prints of the index fingure and obtained signature.
· Overall the process is simple and efficient. Please make sure that you carry all the documents and please keep only 2 copies for each required document. When you submit the documents all the clips are taken off. So do not give clips.

I will be happy to answer any questions by CPers and I wish all the future CPers good luck and best wishes.

what airline did you use to come

congratulations on your successful cp. Did you face any transit visa issue while coming back to USA.?

Transit!!

I did not had any transit visa issues. Prior to my departure I obtained Transit visa from the Embassy. No body checked it. The travel agent asked me to obtain the transit visa at the time of purchasing tickets.

telephone numbers

Congrats, can you please tell me what are the telephone number\'s for Lister Lab, Dr Vijaylakshmi and that of any good hotel nearby, so that I could take an appointment.
Thanks

PCC

Could you tell me how to get the Police Clearance. I am going to apply for CP and staying in US.

Thanks,

Venkat.

PCC

Please apply for PCC for your family at the nearest Indian embassy. It depends on your state of residence in USA. You can send by post or apply in person. usually it takes 3 weeks but better have some cushion. apply early.

Telephone!!

Lister labs does not need an appointment.Tel: 8278971, 8234429, 8202666, 8202777
Dr.Vijayalakshmi\'s number is 6413445, 6413446
Maris hotel: 8270541, 8223201

There are also other hotels like Chola sheraton, ranjith, savera, close to the consulate.

hotel info

trygc:

Could you tell me how the Maris hotel is?
And also if you have the tariffs for the
other hotels, pls. let me know.

thanks.

Hotels!!

Maris is good for the fare I paid. It is decent and close to the consulate. I paid 975+taxes for the A/C double room. The taxes are a hefty 25% so beware of the total cost before you book.

Thanks

hotels

trygc, thanks for the info. on hotel.

How did you collect the passport? Did you give the hotel address?
Do we get them in the next day itself? Pls. let me know your
experience.

Thanks.

trygc : Congrats ...

on your GC approval.
Did u take anything for state tax (apart from Tax return
copies).Do they ask for state transcripts? (I got my
federal tax transcripts)

thanks for your time in this regard,
u_me

Info!!!

I collected the passport at my home address. You can also give the hotel address. If you are from Chennai, Hyd, Bangalore the courier will deliver it next day around 12 pm. otherwise it will be one more day. Since April 19th was a friday, my passport was delivered at Vizag home address on Monday at 3 pm.

Tax!!!

I only had latest state tax copies and copies of previous years state returns. I only carried them with me as precaution. They are not required documents. only carry 3 years federal tax returns or tax transcripts with you and submit them. These are required documents.

Hope this answers your questions.