Substitute Labor

ashdisdiv

I heard about Labor substitution to Come to an End

DOL Proposes to Eliminate Substitution and to Mandate Use of Certified Labor Certification

Can some one tell whats all this about and whats impact on GC Processing

> DOL Proposes to Eliminate Substitution and to Mandate Use of
> Certified Labor Certification

That would be awesome. They are probably the single largest source of fraud and abuse in the system, doing away with this idiocy would be for everyones benefit.

> and whats impact on GC Processing

It will reduce the pressure on visa numbers and make sure that more GCs are issued for actually existing jobs.

With PERM there is no more need for substitute labor certs. They are a product of long processing times for LCs, now everybody can be expected to get their own LC.

Hi Hadro,

I agree that faster PERM reduces the LC substitutions. However, I'm afraid that the Visa Retrogression pushes the people to search for an Employer that has an LC with PD "Current".

I also hear that the unscrupulous employers with LCs that's PD is current have increased the price to even like $50,000/-. I do not have any evidence to prove it. But this is what I'm hearing.

Whatever USCIS does, it only helps the unscrupulous. I'm not for all out ban on LC substitutions. However, USCIS should be extra vigilant and allow only reputed companies use it.

Thanks

> I'm not for all out ban on LC substitutions. However, USCIS should
> be extra vigilant and allow only reputed companies use it.

The idea that a company has been unable to fill a particular position for 2-3 years while the case was at DOL is absolutely laughable.

The substitutions just created a black market for LCs and to some extent benefit large employer such as Sprint or IBM. A certification should be for a particular person with a particular skill set and a particular job. If PERM keeps doing what it seems to be doing (cranking out the LCs in 60 days), there is NO reason to continue this substitution nonsense.

Do we know a particular date on which the LC substitution will be discontinued?

How fast are we expecting the likely effects of this move .. i.e fast moving of PD if any ?

I have read on this forum that there are very few cases pending from 1998-2000 and with this LC substitution move I believe we may get some help.

It doesn't seem to be optimistic

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_subupd.html

retro_unjust said:
Do we know a particular date on which the LC substitution will be discontinued?

How fast are we expecting the likely effects of this move .. i.e fast moving of PD if any ?

I have read on this forum that there are very few cases pending from 1998-2000 and with this LC substitution move I believe we may get some help.

LC Sub

I strongly Support DOL/USCIS banning LC Substitution atleast from now... Bcoz people with out labor sub are going through all the hazards... waiting period during labor approval now Retrogression... who knows what happens next... may we all deported to our native countries...

I know people who bought LCs for thousands of dollars and giving them atleast 40% of billing rate for their GC processing how sick is it...

I am guessing if some one have not stopped DOL to implement the LC substitution ... DOS would have not been this stringent on retrogression... Even though these are seperate entites ... they belong to one family GOVT...

LC sub

The easiest way to stop labor substitution for USCIS is to implement their own rule - PD for Labour subs should be I-140 filling day. It's easy to do because it's already in their operating procedures, they just don't do it.