Submitting I-130 application for Parents .. have a few Qs

sanjay_MA

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I am getting ready to file my mom and dad's I-130 applications and have the following questions:

1. I plan to submit the following: Form G1145, $Check, Form I130, copy of my birth certificate, copy of my Naturalization Certificate, copy of my US passport (all pages) and my parent's Marriage certificate. Note that I being their son have the same last name.. so I am assuming I do not need to submit my marriage certificate. Is that a correct assumption? Also, is there anything I am missing from the above list?

2. Can I send both the Applications in the same envelope or should I send separately to USCIS lock box address?

3. My birth was registered with the municipal corporation in India, 7 years after my birth date? I am sending a copy of the Registration Certificate (showing the names of both my parents). I do not have any other records (i.e. Hospital records etc). Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone been in this situation? If so, what is the way out?

4. My parent’s marriage was registered (with the Local Municipal Corporation) more than 20 years after their marriage. Since I know, in this instance, it might be a problem later in the process, I have two affidavits from relatives. Question is – should I submit the affidavits now with the I 130 or wait until later when I have to submit documents to National Visa Center?

I would appreciate any inputs or help that anyone here can provide.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

Hello:

I am getting ready to file my mom and dad's I-130 applications and have the following questions:

1. I plan to submit the following: Form G1145, $Check, Form I130, copy of my birth certificate, copy of my Naturalization Certificate, copy of my US passport (all pages) and my parent's Marriage certificate. Note that I being their son have the same last name.. so I am assuming I do not need to submit my marriage certificate. Is that a correct assumption? Also, is there anything I am missing from the above list?

2. Can I send both the Applications in the same envelope or should I send separately to USCIS lock box address?

3. My birth was registered with the municipal corporation in India, 7 years after my birth date? I am sending a copy of the Registration Certificate (showing the names of both my parents). I do not have any other records (i.e. Hospital records etc). Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone been in this situation? If so, what is the way out?

4. My parent’s marriage was registered (with the Local Municipal Corporation) more than 20 years after their marriage. Since I know, in this instance, it might be a problem later in the process, I have two affidavits from relatives. Question is – should I submit the affidavits now with the I 130 or wait until later when I have to submit documents to National Visa Center?

I would appreciate any inputs or help that anyone here can provide.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

1.It is always better to submit your Marriage certificate.

2 .You can send both the applications in one packet, but make sure you have every document attached seperately forboth applications, What i ment was not to send one list of documents for both.

3.you can send the B Certificate, and a copy of you 10th class pass certificate, which should have your dad's name. your drivers lic in india should have your dad's name. Rashen card in india should have all of your names on it. send in a copy.

4.parents marriage - send an affidavit from 2 people, along with the Marriage certificate you have.

Do not wait till they send you a RFE. It will just delay the process

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no need to send copies of all pages from your US Passport. They are not concern about your travels as a US Citizen. If you want to include a copy of your passport, then only the personal information page is needed.

Thanks! With regards to your reply for #3: I do not have an indian driver's license nor do I have a Rashon card .. but I can submit my school records .. the problem with school records is that they only mention my Dad's name and NOT my moms.. what should I do? any other way out?
1.It is always better to submit your Marriage certificate.

2 .You can send both the applications in one packet, but make sure you have every document attached seperately forboth applications, What i ment was not to send one list of documents for both.

3.you can send the B Certificate, and a copy of you 10th class pass certificate, which should have your dad's name. your drivers lic in india should have your dad's name. Rashen card in india should have all of your names on it. send in a copy.

4.parents marriage - send an affidavit from 2 people, along with the Marriage certificate you have.

Do not wait till they send you a RFE. It will just delay the process