Submitted N400 (I-797C Notice of Action)- a question.

sfaizullah

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,
First the following info:
Date Received by VSC: Apr 28, '05
PD: Apr 28, '05
Residence: NJ (Newark)
Notice Date: 05/05/05. Mailed May 09, 05. Received May 11, 05.
Along with N400, I included copy of both sides of GC, two photos, and one check for $390 which was cashed May 04, '05.

The notice states that: The above application has been received by our office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):
Missing Evidence(s)- your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit and evidence(s) by mail.

===
I thought that only copy of GC, and photos were required for my case. I don't think I need any clearance from SS as I entered USA after my 26th DoB. My GC was employment based. So, I wonder what evidence(s) I could have missed? Is it normal to receive this kind of wordings?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Safi

i did not think my NOA mentioned as it said on yours. however, i think all you need is to bring what they might tell you to bring.

sfaizullah said:
Dear all,
First the following info:
Date Received by VSC: Apr 28, '05
PD: Apr 28, '05
Residence: NJ (Newark)
Notice Date: 05/05/05. Mailed May 09, 05. Received May 11, 05.
Along with N400, I included copy of both sides of GC, two photos, and one check for $390 which was cashed May 04, '05.

The notice states that: The above application has been received by our office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):
Missing Evidence(s)- your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit and evidence(s) by mail.

===
I thought that only copy of GC, and photos were required for my case. I don't think I need any clearance from SS as I entered USA after my 26th DoB. My GC was employment based. So, I wonder what evidence(s) I could have missed? Is it normal to receive this kind of wordings?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Safi

Many Things

sfaizullah,

It could be many things. It could be tax returns for the previous years. They require it to prove you dont own any taxes. Also it could be Selective service record. I think I had read someone had to provide evidence that they entered US after 26th birthday so SS gives you a letter that you did not need to register.

Also since yours is employment based GC maybe they want an employment letter that you are still employes or something.

Or it could be as simple as they dont like the photos you sent them.

But it is normal to receive it. I have read many people getting this

interesting.. i sent about the same thing as sfaizullah did. but i also sent my marriage license and proof of divroce from the court as well.

i entered to US when i was 22 under F1. I did not register to SS. I received my green card when I was 28. I did not send my tax returns as it was listed in the guide line.

HOWEVER, i wonder what answers of "yes / no" questions did sfaizullah put down on the form.

for example, if he said he was convicted, but he did not give the explaination, or attached some document to proof, that might be the thing USCIS meant by "need more evidence".. etc

shareef_aadmi said:
sfaizullah,

It could be many things. It could be tax returns for the previous years. They require it to prove you dont own any taxes. Also it could be Selective service record. I think I had read someone had to provide evidence that they entered US after 26th birthday so SS gives you a letter that you did not need to register.

Also since yours is employment based GC maybe they want an employment letter that you are still employes or something.

Or it could be as simple as they dont like the photos you sent them.

But it is normal to receive it. I have read many people getting this

I only listed the traffic citations... nothing else on "yes/no" section. For SS, I entered to US after I was 26 (so do I still have to prove that I was not in US?)

sfaizullah said:
I only listed the traffic citations... nothing else on "yes/no" section. For SS, I entered to US after I was 26 (so do I still have to prove that I was not in US?)

did you send your traffic citations and proof of fine was paid in full?

may be you just have to wait until you get the letter for asking more supporting documents.

It is a standard letter that everyone nowadays receives. The content is the same that everyone receives. If they want anything specific they will tell you in your interview letter otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

I do not think so. At least, my letter does not say that at all.

it just says to verify my persona info...etc

then

"You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local INS office. You should expect to be notified within 365 days of ths notice"

that is all.

enjoylife said:
It is a standard letter that everyone nowadays receives. The content is the same that everyone receives. If they want anything specific they will tell you in your interview letter otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

nothing to worry about

enjoylife said:

That's right. Skim through the various posts and you'll see that this is nothing to worry about at all. I got the same thing on my notice and was not asked for any extra evidence during my interview. And yes, I am scheduled for an oath later this month.
Cheers...

Which DO

pacific1 said:
That's right. Skim through the various posts and you'll see that this is nothing to worry about at all. I got the same thing on my notice and was not asked for any extra evidence during my interview. And yes, I am scheduled for an oath later this month.
Cheers...
What is your DO pacific?

Dear all,

I have just received my I-797C today and it also has the same wordings "Missing Evidence(s) ......... Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail."

The only thing I could think of is that I also reported my two traffic citations, and I put "Fines paid" under the disposition column without attaching any further documents since they did not ask for them. By the way, the letter said I should expect to be notified within 540 days of this notice.

Keeping my fingers crossed.