Submit Immigrant Visa application (DS-260 form) deadline for family sponsor (F4 visa)

cakes88

I have some questions regarding the deadline of the submission of my IV application.

My PD is 14 April 2006, at the moment my status is current for filing and I expect my PD will be current for action sometimes this year ( based on Visa bulletin April 2019 they are at 1 Jan 2006 at the moment).

My question is:
Are there any deadline for paying the fee and submit the DS-260 form as soon as my PD is current for action? as I want to delay the process to finish my study first until mid 2021 before I can go to the US.

I appreciate any feedback...

You need to apply for the visa within a year of your priority date becoming current. Are you the principal beneficiary?

is that 1 year starts from when my PD becoming current for action or filing? and yes I'm the principal beneficiary.

When it’s current for action, which is when a visa becomes available. Suggest you get the visa, enter US & then get a re-entry permit which allows you 2 years outside the US.

Hi SusieQQQ,

Yes my sister also told me to consider this option, but do you know how long I need to stay in the US after first landing before I can apply for the "Re-entry" permit?

Hi SusieQQQ,

Yes my sister also told me to consider this option, but do you know how long I need to stay in the US after first landing before I can apply for the "Re-entry" permit?
You need to submit the application in the US, which you can do the day you land if you want, and then to wait for biometrics. Biometrics wait is usually a few weeks, but you should get the appointment set about a week after uscis has received the application, and you can try a “walk in” at the ASC where you are scheduled - most people seem to do this successfully but some ASCs don’t allow walkins, so no way to say for sure.
You can ask them to send the actual permit to the closest consulate to you, so you don’t need to wait for that.

See also https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf

You need to submit the application in the US, which you can do the day you land if you want, and then to wait for biometrics. Biometrics wait is usually a few weeks, but you should get the appointment set about a week after uscis has received the application, and you can try a “walk in” at the ASC where you are scheduled - most people seem to do this successfully but some ASCs don’t allow walkins, so no way to say for sure.
You can ask them to send the actual permit to the closest consulate to you, so you don’t need to wait for that.

Thank you very much about this information. I think this is the best way instead of delaying the submission. Will have a look at it....

Hi

Hi SusieQQQ,

I forgot to ask. Do I have to received my proper green card first before I can apply for re-entry permit? in some cases, it can take up to 3 months to received the GC.

Hi

Hi SusieQQQ,

I forgot to ask. Do I have to received my proper green card first before I can apply for re-entry permit? in some cases, it can take up to 3 months to received the GC.

No. Plastic green card is just evidence of LPR status - it is the status that counts, not the type of proof of it.
Your immigrant visa, once stamped on entry, also becomes a temporary green card valid for one year.