Stupid question about photos

gsala

Registered Users (C)
Nowadays, there are several ways to make a photo for the INS

The first is the traditional: you go to the nearest Eckerds or any place that make passport pictures , pay 6-8 dollars for 2 pictures and get the pictures in 5 minutes
Besides the little-bit elevated price and the fact that you can't get more then two identical photos, this has a little inconvinience :

In the picture you'll never be as pretty as in the real life :rolleyes:
(Well, for me is not a big deal , but for my wife and my daughter it is )

So ,there is a second method : make a picture with a digital camera

With some portrait photographing experience and little bit of photoshop
you can make a significantly better picture (without shadows , etc) then the typical "passport photo"

You can fit 6 2x2 pictures in a standard 4x6 in. paper
It doesn't worth to print at your home, at Walmart or Bestbuy or any other place you can order the prints for few cents.

Now the problem (don't laugh on me, please ... )

The INS instructions say to write the name on the back of the pictures with a PENCIL (!)
I don't know what's wrong with the paper, but it's exremely difficult to write something with the pencil on the back of the photopaper
(I tried Walmart and Bestbuy prints, several pencel with different hardness , but the result is the same )

Anybody has any idea how this problem could be solved : any particular brand or paper type or maybe a special pencil ?
Thx!

You are right.

You are right, I had the same problem when I went for my PP stamping. I wrote on back of the photos but not clear. But the officer, he did not even look at that and he again wront....... with a black PEN.

So dont worry my friend, I guess you can either write using pencil or pen.

Thanks !
I guess , I'm too worried about the issue...

Ok. I'll wait few days more to allow the INS to work in cases of our EB3 friends (I have EB1) and start bothering :)