Study in USA while on TN

adelkam

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I am Canadian, currently working in USA under the TN status.

I am thinking of pursuing with master degree while working. The university (as I think) wouldn't mind my addmission, since I am legally in the USA at the time of application, no student visa would be required.

Is there any impact on my future renewals of TN? (any conflict of interest). Any idea?

Thanks

From what I've read if the university says they will accept you then you'll be fine. It won't affect your future TN's at all. The issue I've seen is that a few colleges won't accept temporary status people and that's the only think I've seen that has been an issue.

As long as you're still working at your job with the TN, then you should be fine to go...

The CIS considers any study you do in US to be "incidental" to your TN, ie, not having any affect on your TN, so long as you continue to fulfill the conditions of your TN status.

As warlord says, soime Universities will balk at the TN status (only because they are unfamiliar with it), and many states will not grant in-state tuition rates to TN/TD students.