student visa for family member

_Alex_

Hello. My brother applied for the asylum and still waiting for the decision. Meanwhile I received unconditional offer from the US university and preparing documents for F-1 visa. How will my brother's case affect it?

nope.
It's been a long way to this enrollment. and seems all in vain :(
Why is it all in vain? If you can show that you will return home after (and obviously, that you can pay for the course) you’ll be fine. If the factors that led to your brother’s claim were applicable to you it might cast doubt over you, but you say his claims are not relevant to you.

FI student visa applications do not ask about family situations. So there should be any impact on you f1 student visa application. I can here a million years ago as a student, on a student visa, f1

FI student visa applications do not ask about family situations.

Yes, they do. The DS160 asks if you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the US, and if so it asks what the status is. OP will have to be truthful and put that his brother is there, and status. He can expect to be asked about it at interview.

Thanks for the reply. I have partial scholarship from the university and remaining part of the fees - from another sponsor. I'm not sure how credible it seems, or what kind of arguments I should provide to pursue US visa officers in my honesty..... will they trust me?

Thanks for the reply. I have partial scholarship from the university and remaining part of the fees - from another sponsor. I'm not sure how credible it seems, or what kind of arguments I should provide to pursue US visa officers in my honesty..... will they trust me?

You need to provide documentation of the finances.
https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/financial-ability
Evidence of Financial Ability
A prospective student must have financial evidence showing that they or a sponsor has sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses during the period of intended study. Evidence of financial ability includes but is not limited to:

• Family bank statements.
  • Documentation from a sponsor.
  • Financial aid letters.
  • Scholarship letters.
  • Letter from an employer showing annual salary.

It’s impossible to say if they will “trust” you. The two most common reasons for denial of student visas are lack of evidence of financial ability to pay, and immigrant intent (214b). All you can do is take as much evidence as you have and hope they will look at it. Your brother’s situation will likely be a negative for you, but it’s hard to say how much of a negative it will be. What consulate/embassy will you be interviewing at?

I got a full-ride scholarship for all 4 years of college (~$200k), so I didn't submit evidence of finance for the F1 visa. But I remember they wanted all the documents listed above in order to grant the visa.