Stuck in Uk- greencard holder

Emancipationnow

I’m due to fly back to the US end of May which is within the one year “ permitted ” to be outside on my greencard. Due to Covid-19 and flight limitations I am concerned that this trip may not be possible. Is anyone aware of any exceptions to this 1 year rule? .Is it possible to apply for a re entry permit from the UK?

Green card holders are exempt from the entry ban. You will undergo a medical screening upon landing in the US and "self-quarantine" at home for 14 days.

Thanks for the reply. I’m aware I am still allowed in but concerned due to lack of flights it might not be possible. If it’s not possible will that be the end of my greencard?

You should probably fly back now rather than wait. You cannot apply for a re-entry permit from outside the US.

This what the State Department says

U.S. Citizens Returning from Europe
U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents will be permitted to return from the United Kingdom, Ireland, and the European Schengen area. The Department of Homeland Security has issued instructions requiring U.S. passengers that have been in the United Kingdom, Ireland and the Schengen area to travel through select airports where the U.S. Government has implemented enhanced screening procedures.  See the  DHS website for further details.
U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents will be permitted to return from the United Kingdom, Ireland, and the European Schengen area. The Department of Homeland Security has issued instructions requiring U.S. passengers that have been in the United Kingdom, Ireland and the Schengen area to travel through select airports where the U.S. Government has implemented enhanced screening procedures. See the our FAQs on the Presidential Proclamation on travel from Europe and  DHS website for further details.
The Schengen area encompasses the following 26 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Please see our U.S. Travelers in Europe page for additional information on travel from the Schengen area.

I’m due to fly back to the US end of May which is within the one year “ permitted ” to be outside on my greencard. Due to Covid-19 and flight limitations I am concerned that this trip may not be possible. Is anyone aware of any exceptions to this 1 year rule? .Is it possible to apply for a re entry permit from the UK?

Preserving your green card is possible when your stay had to be extended for circumstances beyond your control. There are several ways to approach this eventually. I suspect the government will create a uniform policy creating amnesty for people who had to stay outside because of the virus outbreak. Even otherwise, there are various devices to return including returning resident permit also called SB1 visa.
See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/returning-resident.html

Hello, similar situation here. My spouse has a green card and we are living in the Netherlands for my job with a US company with an end date in late 2021. Her travel document/reentry permit expires in early July 2020. Given the situation, we have concerns about the ease of entering the US by then, and the length of time she'll need to be in the USA due to potential quarantine measures and the backlog of biometrics appointments. Are there discussions of grace periods for entrants with recently expired travel documents or other options (e.g. SB-1) that we should consider? From talking to USCIB, it didn't sound like it, but they suggested I contact CBP.

Similar situation for my dad as well.
My dad stuck in India. He is a Green Card Holder, May 18th 2020 completed one year in residing in India. Just want to know, If he will face any issue related visa while traveling to USA once lockdown is over?
Do we need to apply for any visa since he overstays in India?

Same problem for me.
I am currently outside of the US but I need to return to the US on OCT 2020 - This is the date of expiration of my Permit to Re-enter. Due to the Covid-19 situation I do not see how I can manage to come back to the US and renew my permit, also I have a background disease and I’m scared to fly in this situation.
Is there a way to change my reentry date or delay my arrival?

So far, we do not have clear guidance from the consulate on most of these delayed entry situations. Each case is different, but all must do the following:
1. Write to the consulate. Ask for guidance.
2. Do this more than once.
3. Keep track of what you have done.
4. Come to our free community conference calls (every other Thursday) to discuss the specifics of your case.
5. Speak with your own lawyers.
6. If you would rather speak with us, request a consultation through: https://www.immigration.com/contact