Stuck in priority now. 485 stuck for 5 years

billa007

Registered Users (C)
My Employment based I-485 is pending for over 5 years. (EB2)

Finally after running after the senator, my 485 interview was conducted at the Orlando USCIS office in February. The officer asked me to submit my original birth certificate, which I did in early March.

The officer told me that I'll get my card in 3 weeks after that since my priority dates were current, but no card or approval so far.

Today I went with Infopass, and they told me that it is waiting for State Departments approval (priority dates). I told him that my priority dates were current, and he said that there is nothing they can do.

Can someone please suggest me what can I do at this stage to expedite my case and get a green card. I need to travel soon and i was hoping I’ll have approval before that.

Thanks.

Labor certification filed: March 2000
I-485 Filed: 2nd April , 2002.
I-485 Interview: Feb, 2007

ok, today I got a letter that my "premenent residence has been granted" and I need to go for my BIOMETRICS - Code 2. I went and gave fingerprinting of my right index finger.

What I don't understand is that why that was asked when my whole finger printing was done 6 months ago ( I have done my comlete immigration finger printing 3 times and I don't understand why they expire in 18 months but that is another story).

Did anyone else has similar experience? and how long it took them to get a green card after this?

Also can I go to local office and get my passport stamped for travel ? ( i am planning to travel in 2 weeks and was thinking to apply for emergency AP).

Thanks to all those who read and respond.
Shaz

If your 485 petition has been approved, then Yes, you can go to the local USCIS office, and have your passport stamped.

You might also want to set up an infopass appointment, and show your letter to an officer, and ask your question regarding passport stamping.

ok, today I got a letter that my "premenent residence has been granted" and I need to go for my BIOMETRICS - Code 2. I went and gave fingerprinting of my right index finger.

What I don't understand is that why that was asked when my whole finger printing was done 6 months ago ( I have done my comlete immigration finger printing 3 times and I don't understand why they expire in 18 months but that is another story).

Did anyone else has similar experience? and how long it took them to get a green card after this?

Also can I go to local office and get my passport stamped for travel ? ( i am planning to travel in 2 weeks and was thinking to apply for emergency AP).

Thanks to all those who read and respond.
Shaz