Stuck in Namecheck

Hi Zgreen

Apu,
Sometimes USCIS does initiate two name check requests at the same time, due to system error, user error, etc. If one is cleared, it means your NC is cleared. The other one will never be touched again, but for some reason will be left in the system.

This is actually a common reason for some people to receive conflicting info regarding their FBI name checks. Depending on which one an IO clicks, you will get different answer whether your NC has been completed.

hi hello friend
thanks a lot for u r info...now I am little bit peace of mind..

thanks

I have been stuck in name check hell since June 2006. It's frustrating to hear the same thing from the IOs...Except for your name check everything else is all set. I am afraid with thousands of new applications USCIS will run out of visa numbers in a matter of days in October. That would mean waiting for Oct '08 or what??!!! I have approached Congressman. He has sent a letter to FBI, but we haven't received any reponse yet. Gonna try Ombudsman link mentioned in the thread.
Anyone got cleared recently?

----
EB3 PD 1998(obviously subst) RD 06/2006
VSC --> TSC 03/15/2007
Last LUD 07/30 (RFE Response Received)

NC stuck

I had an InfoPass appointment at the district office in Boston, MA and was told that my Name Check is still pending since 07/05. My wife's, luckily, has cleared but the I-485 cannot be approved as I am primary applicant. Below are my details.

I belive I am in name check too. I filed on Oct 10 2006, no movement except for that 5/14 and 5/15, which every body got. EB1-B at TSC.
Rama

Yesterday TSC IO said that my name check is completed and they received the results from FBI on October 14. I did not know what to say! couldn't believe that and finally said thanks to her.

Today I called again to confirm that, to save a InfoPass trip. I got another OLD lady.. asked about Name Check.. she took a while typing something came back to me and said that Cases is assigned to officer with out telling about name check.

I have asked again about Name Check, she went back typing something mean while she took somebody's help and asked me hold on and put me in hold for a while... After a while she came back saying that Name Check is pending... I can't believe this again...

Is there something they are hiding?

openarms-
when was your name check initiated? Do you know?
Since the case has been assigned to an officer, I would think your NC is clear.

Yesterday TSC IO said that my name check is completed and they received the results from FBI on October 14. I did not know what to say! couldn't believe that and finally said thanks to her.

Today I called again to confirm that, to save a InfoPass trip. I got another OLD lady.. asked about Name Check.. she took a while typing something came back to me and said that Cases is assigned to officer with out telling about name check.

I have asked again about Name Check, she went back typing something mean while she took somebody's help and asked me hold on and put me in hold for a while... After a while she came back saying that Name Check is pending... I can't believe this again...

Is there something they are hiding?